Eley Pigeon HV

Better review .

Would be nice to see a close up of the shot  any deformities .measurement average of the size .and pellet count..

Standardise your pattern and tell us the range .and choke you shot it through we will get a feel of how it patterns with this information  .cheers .more please. 😁

16 hours ago, bev6345 said:

My Review of the Eley Pigeon HV

You have a natural engaging manner - so your half way there!

Re content.

1. Please detail choke and distance for patterning. As mentioned also look at quality of shot - poss crush test for hardness. Or even just ask Eley re antimony content - if you’re doing a vid’ they should be keen to support. 

2. You mentioned in the vid’ that you’d be testing recoil (I think…?) and didn’t. If it’s possibly to measure ft/lb recoil energy - don’t ask me how - this would be a winner. There are many marketing claims about ‘smooth’ and ‘less recoil’ etc. etc. but all unsubstantiated. Commenting on the impression of recoil is helpful, but capturing the values……!! You would really have something there. You’d have to use the same gun for all testing. 

3. Quoting velocity from manufacturers claims is frequently (mostly) inaccurate. There was a really dedicated PW member who collated huge lists of his own actual measured cart’ velocities - using a chrono’. Sorry can’t remember who. Impressive though. Rarely did the values equal the manufacturer’s claims. Perhaps try. 

I hope this helps and thanks for the video. Even though it needs a little extra development, it’s enjoyable to watch. Good luck!