PPU Ammunition

steve - o

I have used ppu in my .243 had the grouping of an out of tune catapult, my mate was "getting rid" of the last of his ppu .223 ammo yesterday, again had the grouping of a blind man suffering from parkinsons disease. you get what you pay for.

cheers KW

Sorry folks - have to disagree.

PP ammo is the best thing since sliced bread. Overall it may not perform quite as well as or as fast as some of the other makers products but it is super ammo for the money for field use.

I have tried and tested most popular cals 222, 223, 22-250 (50 and 55gr), 243, 25-06, 6.5mm, 270, 308 (150 and 180gr).

My results were excellent on all cals. Not shot more than an inch at 100yds and some eg the 270 and 25-06 surpassed themselves. here is a 5 shot group at around 120yds off the bonnet by a friend using the ammo for the first time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/mry...izan/270JMG.jpg

Unfortunately I lost all the facts and figures of my testing last year when my hard drive packed up and it seems as if Guntrader no longer have the results on their site either.

BUT I pulled at least 10 rds of each and weighed and checked sizes etc and from memory all the powder checked out virtually perfect round to round and the bullets were more consistent than most of the ones I use for reloading from main makers. Brass is fine but it needs weighing and then keeping according to weight as there is more variation in weights than some makes of brass. The chemical composition is also good and will last well for reloading. The spec and measurements are near perfect. Remember the company made/makes bras making machinery long before they made ammo and for instance Lapua is made on PP machines.

Try it and give it a chance and I am sure you also will find it is great for the price. I now use it instead of hand loads for my 25-06 as it is cheaper.

I agree and disagree :good:

Soft point stuff IN MY GUN was horrible.

FMJ's IN MY GUN are very good indeed.

You have to try it in your gun, you may get lucky you never know.

And with good availabilty and £8/20 you can't complain for range spanking ammo.

That is for 6.5x55 BTW...

Thanks for all the replies. I'm still waiting for a reply from the retailer as to how, or if I can purchase ammo by mail order. Does anyone else buy their ammo this way? I presume that I have to send them my FAC with the order.

Once again thanks for the info guys - a very useful forum.

By the way, having read with great interest about the arrival of a members BASC application could I mention that my new AA card arrived today!! (a joke guys - honest)