Rowan Engineering

wymberley

1 hour ago, Biffo1262 said:

If they don't Dave Rose and Co are always up for new ides for products.  I proposed two and they made both.  Very accomodating folks and they are superb engineers.  Sadly quality comes at a price but a price I am always prepared to pay.

Many thanks. As said, I will speak to Rowan but just in case this is a no-no could you kindly give me a steer to Dave Rose as I've done a google but nothing shown seems to match.

5 hours ago, wymberley said:

Many thanks. As said, I will speak to Rowan but just in case this is a no-no could you kindly give me a steer to Dave Rose as I've done a google but nothing shown seems to match.

Just use either of the email addresses on their website and put it for the attn of Dave Rose.  He's still listed as a director and it was he who dealt with me over my design enquiries.  He's very approachable.  Good luck hope I hope it takes off for you they were very generous with me for gifts for my club. 

12 hours ago, Mice! said:

That's what Biffo said above, 😅😅

Any joy? Not sure if I've heard of a single loader for .25

Agh! That's not how I read it. When Biffo said use either of the email addresses, I thought he was talking about the Dave rose website which I couldn't find. However, no matter as you're right, there aren't any as with the increased hole diameter there's insufficient land to prevent it cracking while in use. Just needs some wizard to see if they can be made out of metal.

I've had a search and can't even find an Air Arms in .25 cal?

This video shows a .22 SSL, Bob 3D prints stuff so could probably make one, it's just there's likely no market for it.

then you have these, I'm sure the .22 could be modified to suit.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123889938157

But what is wrong with the mag the gun comes with?

1 hour ago, amateur said:

A 6.25mm adjustable reamer would probably do it, if carefully taken in stages, to get a precise fit.

Sadly, the bloody arthritis has taken care of my skill of hand.

I have now heard back from the maker of the one which you mentioned and currently they do not do a .25" version. They understand the delay in certification plus any from the RFD which is not a problem as it gives them time to acquire the right sized O rings and knock up a prototype which will I'll have FoC provided I given an accurate assessment on its performance.

Sounds like a plan. :good:

8 minutes ago, wymberley said:

The ones we're on about retail at 1p under £25 and there's also the O ring and its groove to take into account.

Stuck for now though until I get my varied FAC in my sticky little fingers.

With you now, it was the one I'd put that was £8, 

So why are you looking at an Air Arms in .25?