Bioammo Blue

I bought a slab last year, and at first had disappointing results with them that I now put down to chopping and changing guns mid season.

When I've used them this season, and not not been faffing about changing guns all the time, the 27g no4 shot worked admirablely though 1/4 and 1/2 choke at my flatland, part driven, part walked up syndicate - I don't know if I imagined it, but the birds tended to fold more convincingly that when shot with steel.

Like steel though, they do run out of oomph eventually - but they happily killed traditional pheseants coming out over traditional / mature oak woods.

4 hours ago, Bear68 said:

I'm looking into the options for non-lead ammunition for driven pheasants and partridges (good birds but not stratospheric). I'd be interested to hear any reports on Bioammo Blue cartridges used in the field this season, please. 

Don't waste your time with them;

They're not biodegradable, the shot quality is poor, the density is only slightly higher than steel, and the prices aren't cheap. 

I'd be inclined to try the Gamebore Dark Storms in 32g 3's or 3 inch 2's if you want extra punch. 

56 minutes ago, stagboy said:

This is the second season I've used them, mainly on  driven pheasants, in an English side by side.  They're great.

The wads are made of organic compounds. True, they could take a long time to actually  break down, but that's not the key parameter, because they don't release toxins.

👍

I also forgot to say, I keep a ratio of how many birds to cartridges fired in my game book - there's no noticeable difference between it re lead and blue

12 minutes ago, London Best said:

The OP was asking about shooting driven pheasants/partridge.

3 inch 2’s.....are you nuts?

What's nuts about 3 inch 2's in steel for driven pheasants? 32g 3's would be my preference in steel, but it's not an outlandish suggestion, plenty of videos on youtube of lads using steel 3 inch 1's on driven birds.

1 hour ago, stagboy said:

This is the second season I've used them, mainly on  driven pheasants, in an English side by side.  They're great.

The wads are made of organic compounds. True, they could take a long time to actually  break down, but that's not the key parameter, because they don't release toxins.

Be careful of their weasel words - HDPE is an organic compound as far as any chemist will tell you. And PLA will release microplastics just like HDPE will.