Mick Cawston

Bigbob

While out today checking a few charity shops i saw a pict of working spaniels high on the back wall of a charity shop , so while i was at the till i said i will take that spaniel picture as well letting the guy get it off the wall then  popped it into my bag because i was meeting the wife for lunch  and try no to let on what i have bought . So now i am home i check what books i have bought on the comp against ebay  to see if i have a bargain , Pulled out the picture and there's a bit on the back Working spaniels by mick cawston 12x16 from sally mitchell gallery it looks likes its been cut out from somewhere and stuck on and the corners are starting to lift . I dont know if its genuine or no unless i take it out the frame but why would somebody frame in and put glass in it . No matter i bought it because i like it and it will fit in with the other dog pictures 

28 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

While out today checking a few charity shops i saw a pict of working spaniels high on the back wall of a charity shop , so while i was at the till i said i will take that spaniel picture as well letting the guy get it off the wall then  popped it into my bag because i was meeting the wife for lunch  and try no to let on what i have bought . So now i am home i check what books i have bought on the comp against ebay  to see if i have a bargain , Pulled out the picture and there's a bit on the back Working spaniels by mick cawston 12x16 from sally mitchell gallery it looks likes its been cut out from somewhere and stuck on and the corners are starting to lift . I dont know if its genuine or no unless i take it out the frame but why would somebody frame in and put glass in it . No matter i bought it because i like it and it will fit in with the other dog pictures 

I have a dozen Mick Cawston's but the ones with Foxes, Weasels, Badgers etc portrayed as people.  Plus an 'In the Butts' Grouse shooting scene.  A great artist and a sad loss at an early age.

I like his work and have about 14 of his prints, one of them my best find was #2 "Far From The Madding Crowd"  another was a signed print "The Wild  ones" that he singed at the time of buying at the Midland Game fair with an anecdote "keep terriers working" .

As your probably aware he sadly committed suicide in 2006, i think he was a sufferer of depression that sadly became too much. 

As Dave said you like it, you enjoy it, every now and again i take a close look at mine and see things i didnt notice last time, his anthropomorphic pics have always been a favourite of mine. 

And just actually got up to check the title on one of them .