Pheasant casserole

Fargo

Was enough for 4 proper adult portions.

Recon cost me 90p.

I give away 250 Pheasant a week in feather to locals in my small market town. None are shooting folk but now they have tried them and realised are free and healthy and ethical meat they can’t get enough.

Wish more people would do this - focused on big commercial shoots - always suggested add 50p per bird, which pays someone £15 hour to breast them and give out to anyone who wants them.

7E103EFD-74C9-433B-9356-B01679364433.jpeg

That looks nice - I have also been cooking Hampshire game - see separate post.

If you are 'giving away' or locally providing game meat, maybe you should consider giving a recipe leaflet to encourage people to try different game based dishes?  Using ordinary 'chicken' recipes works, but doesn't in my view show game at it's best.  Things like a juniper berry marinade or a caserole with a variety of tasty additions (as your's above looks) can make game stand well above chicken.

4 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

That looks nice - I have also been cooking Hampshire game - see separate post.

If you are 'giving away' or locally providing game meat, maybe you should consider giving a recipe leaflet to encourage people to try different game based dishes?  Using ordinary 'chicken' recipes works, but doesn't in my view show game at it's best.  Things like a juniper berry marinade or a caserole with a variety of tasty additions (as your's above looks) can make game stand well above chicken.

That is a good idea.

I hang them up outside and people collect however many they want. Most take 20 birds a week now after casually taking 1 brace at the season start but now realise tastes nice and it’s free.