Help understanding cartridge loads & barrel pressures

Warcalf13

45 minutes ago, London Best said:

The Americans have been doing this since forever.

But their guns are horrible!

👍 

I was just watching a youtube video where a guy was showing how to check your chamber depth using two spent shotgun cartridges. That's why they build them idiot proof! 🤣

4 hours ago, London Best said:

🤔 Popularity and history would say otherwise. 
Admittedly they can be prone to over embellish, but it would appear American made guns are proofed against UK legislation, unlike many English ‘best’ guns. 🤷‍♂️

13 hours ago, London Best said:

Mmm, I dunno about that. I use a kavanagh boxlock sxs, a very well made , and built gun in Dublin.  Not a English sxs but on par with English sxs, but you know your guns London Best so I'm sure you you know history of kavanagh guns. I also have  a beautiful greener 16bore, and a trulock and Harris,  also a Dublin gun. All where my father's guns.  The  kavanagh still takes its fair share of game ( Mostly woodcock), but I wouldn't be without my Winchester 23 xtr sxs. Definitely not  a English gun.  But unbelievable handling  ,bomb proof gun.

10 hours ago, Krico woodcock said:

Mmm, I dunno about that. I use a kavanagh boxlock sxs, a very well made , and built gun in Dublin.  Not a English sxs but on par with English sxs, but you know your guns London Best so I'm sure you you know history of kavanagh guns. I also have  a beautiful greener 16bore, and a trulock and Harris,  also a Dublin gun. All where my father's guns.  The  kavanagh still takes its fair share of game ( Mostly woodcock), but I wouldn't be without my Winchester 23 xtr sxs. Definitely not  a English gun.  But unbelievable handling  ,bomb proof gun.

I actually know nothing about Kavanagh guns, other than they were a respected name. 
But we will have to disagree about the Winchester 23. Certainly bomb proof, but a friend has one and I find it horrid. Not to my taste at all. Made to be as much like an OU as possible. Each to their own.

21 minutes ago, London Best said:

I actually know nothing about Kavanagh guns, other than they were a respected name. 
But we will have to disagree about the Winchester 23. Certainly bomb proof, but a friend has one and I find it horrid. Not to my taste at all. Made to be as much like an OU as possible. Each to their own.

Exactly LB each to their own. But for practical reasons,  I can take the  Winchester 23 at any type of game,  or fowl,  put any cartridge I like into it, (3" chambered) in the roughest of weather and shoot as well with it as any other gun. I have the gun 20 years, I bought it for €650 at the time,  it was immaculate.  It has served me very well in that time,  I've put ALOT OF cartridges through it. So it comes down to horses for courses I suppose. The world would be a boring place if we all liked the same things.