our probs, are nothing

berettaman1

don' t be upset. most of us understand. from what I've been through after tom's injury i've got a reasonable idea of how it hits you and how you are more alert to suffering in others. shows you are a decent bloke and someone to be admired for what you do for all your family. those of us who have experienced things like this and continue to live with them every day have to make allowances for people who don't understand for whatever reason. for most of them it's just that they haven't had the same experience as us.

I'm much more emotional - openly so - since tom's injury. if others can't live with that then **** em.

Going through these things does change you. My wife and I lost our first son, he was stillborn at full term. My wife went to the hospital to pick up some routine test results on a Monday two days before he was due. The nurse said 'Fancy a listen while you're waiting?' There was no heartbeat. He had been fine on Friday and had died some time over the weekend. My wife had to go through a 'normal' delivery. I stayed in her hospital room overnight while she went through an induced labour. It was horrible. When he was delivered I was standing there with this little silent grey body in my arms, not the little pink bundle of life one we'd expected. Neither of us came out of that hospital room as the same people who went in.

The hardest thing I found to deal with was the attitude of some that it was my wife who had suffered a loss and that I was just a bit part player. As though because I'm a bloke, I have no feelings or they don't count. I went through years of counselling to come to terms with it all. I'm now much more emotional but also in some ways a lot harder and tougher.

it is hard living with someone who has a disability but it is also rewarding .there are times where it is just as frustrating for you as it is for them . but their strength makes you stronger and a better person to . i know for a fact that i am more careing and understanding of peoples needs. then i would have been if i had not share my life with this special person .it also teaches you to enjoy every day that you have with them . as we all know they are only on loan to us for such a short time . there are three little words that have help my famliy though the years

love ,with this you can cope with anything

life, enjoy every moment you share

laughter,many a time its been hard for all of us.but we never been a famliy to give in. and we always had are sense of humour to get us through these times .

dear berettaman

you and your lovely famliy have my full admiration take care xxxx suzy

spot on mrs sweepy/suzy - life since tom's injury has been tough, at times really hard to get through, but seeing him fight his way through it, get to university, start to enjoy life again, get a girlfriend and just spend time with him, laugh with him and realise that with his strenth he can still make his life his own makes you stronger. and Ron/Berettaman, stick with it , keep doing what you'e doing for your family and stick with this site, you'll always have support and understanding from 99% of the people on it.

Guest The Outlaw

My wife and our families have had our fair share of trauma's over the years.

I have cried my eyes out and even thought of doing some stupid things when I have been really low.

I just remembered the good things in life and moved on.

But There are people out there that depended on me for life and some that will in the future, I'm not a fireman ,doctor or anything that requires guts.

I dont have an over boosted ego,I just love life.

I have total respect for every living soul on this planet, and always will.

I have seen it all nearly, but I will never put down the thoughts and despairs of others.

God bless all you fantastic carers and your dependants out there. Tony

I have never been so humbled as when I went to physio after I broke my leg. After eight weeks in plaster the nurse suggested a few hours a week in the hospital physio dept as my leg had whithered away.

On my first visit on sticks I saw a five year girl who was adjusting to her new prosthetic leg and an eight year old boy who lost his arm from the elbow down.

Their resolution to get on with life, the ability to still smile and laugh meant I asked the nurse to not waste her time booking me in.

I never leave the house without kissing my girls and I never go to bed without kissing them goodnight.

My elder boy used to be in special education (he is 26 now) and one year at his school play they gave a roll to a very ill boy. at the end of the play all the rest stood around him he was in a wheelchair and smiling and sang the last song, 6 weeks later he died. most new it was coming but not that soon. On that day after the play i think every one had red eyes not least me. It is just a pity all the scum around that do not realise how lucky they are

This my friends are the last, I hope of my ramblings on this site,...my youngest daughter who is a teachers assistant at a school for children with terrible medical problems, she interprets the deaf kids who attend the school, and I am righting this with tears filling my eyes at the story of a young lad about 7 who is facing a life in a wheelchair who is going to die and doesnot realise his fate, he keeps sayimk sorry that he can not do what what he is wants to do// oh my god , makes all our problems seem nothing at all, cheers to you good guys I have met, Bman1

its a pig bman all the best ///pete///

I have never been so humbled as when I went to physio after I broke my leg. After eight weeks in plaster the nurse suggested a few hours a week in the hospital physio dept as my leg had whithered away.

On my first visit on sticks I saw a five year girl who was adjusting to her new prosthetic leg and an eight year old boy who lost his arm from the elbow down.

Their resolution to get on with life, the ability to still smile and laugh meant I asked the nurse to not waste her time booking me in.

I never leave the house without kissing my girls and I never go to bed without kissing them goodnight.

Spot on and never go to sleep on an argument or bad feeling, it takes two to row but a bigger person to say sorry.

I have spent months as a patient in various cancer wards and seen children, bless them, die of cancer related tumors horribly disfigured after surgery and many without a hope in hell of seeing their next Christmas,when you see their faces still full of happiness thats when you start questioning "the big man".

All men no matter where or who they are have a point where emotion will come to the surface, to suppress emotion is unhealthy and to display it is perfectly normal and certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

:good: D2D