Tires Mercedes c230, 2007

Nublue 22

4 minutes ago, Stephen-H said:

Standard from factory rear wheel drives are always wider 👍 

245 and 245 are both the same width. It's 45 and 40 that's different which is the profile/ depth making the fronts slightly larger diameter to the rears.

Edited by RCB56

You will often find that when you replace your tyres the garage will fit what they have on the shelf rather than say they haven't got exactly the same as the ones they are taking off.

There is an element of "that's close enough" at some of these garages.

The best way to check it is to put your car registration into the Blackcircles website and that will tell you what they should be 

Edited by Vince Green

On 19/01/2024 at 15:41, RCB56 said:

245 and 245 are both the same width. It's 45 and 40 that's different which is the profile/ depth making the fronts slightly larger diameter to the rears.

11 hours ago, Vince Green said:

You will often find that when you replace your tyres the garage will fit what they have on the shelf rather than say they haven't got exactly the same as the ones they are taking off.

There is an element of "that's close enough" at some of these garages.

The best way to check it is to put your car registration into the Blackcircles website and that will tell you what they should be 

They did this to me, quite a few years ago, when I had a "Fronty." It was okay for the drive home when I left the garage/fitters, but the next day when I went into 4 wheel drive....it was undrivable.  Took it back for a refund, but, (surprise suprise) they managed to find 4 the same.