Fife gunsmith ?

Bigbob

22 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

Doggers looking for somebody to look at a air rifle Prefer Fife i had the number for a John on the road to Dundee anybody know if he's still going ?, or another one ?.  

Try Charlie Geddes over at Newport. Hes done sterling work on my guns over the decades

Edited by bishop

On 27/01/2024 at 13:02, islandgun said:

Thats great, he is looking over a gun [or two] for me in  a few weeks

Aye he knows his stuff. Hes one of these blokes you just know if it can be fixed it will be the moment you hand it over.Had a 10 bore  AYA a few years back and was told by another gunsmith  that the stock  could never be fitted back on the action again as the wood had been washed and swollen etc etc etc. Long story short--after months with this other fella wasting my time charlie had it back on the gun in a matter of days.Nuff said

On 27/01/2024 at 11:55, Bigbob said:

Doggers looking for somebody to look at a air rifle Prefer Fife i had the number for a John on the road to Dundee anybody know if he's still going ?, or another one ?.  

Actions getting sent to Charlie today after a wee discussion on what was wrong cheers Bob👍

On 28/01/2024 at 15:44, bishop said:

Aye he knows his stuff. Hes one of these blokes you just know if it can be fixed it will be the moment you hand it over.Had a 10 bore  AYA a few years back and was told by another gunsmith  that the stock  could never be fitted back on the action again as the wood had been washed and swollen etc etc etc. Long story short--after months with this other fella wasting my time charlie had it back on the gun in a matter of days.Nuff said

23 hours ago, dogger said:

Actions getting sent to Charlie today after a wee discussion on what was wrong cheers Bob👍

Were you able to Email him without to much bother, I mailed him from his web site but he didn't get it, so have only spoke on the phone

25 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Were you able to Email him without to much bother, I mailed him from his web site but he didn't get it, so have only spoke on the phone

Didnt know he had a site? only ever phoned him👍