Gardening advice request.

John_R

I realised that I forgot to prune a couple of small rose bushes and also some blueberry bushes (also small). This mild weather see them already budding new leaves. Should I just leave them alone now, ie is it risky to the plants if I tidy them a bit.

I also forgot to divide some rhubarb crowns, and the first new growth is showing there as well - again, have I left it too late and should not do it now?

Thanks!

John

As I recall you should prune roses in March just above an outward pointing bud - to about knee height if it's a mature bush.

I'll be your search engine:

Blueberries: Pruning is rarely needed in the first two years after planting – just remove any crossing or unwanted branches if necessary. After that, prune at any time from November to March, but ideally in late February or early March when the fruit buds can easily be distinguished from leaf buds

When should I lift and divide rhubarb?
Dividing mature plants

This will give you several vigorous new plants for your own garden or to share with friends, but only propagate from strong healthy plants to ensure they are virus-free. Dig up the entire clump while dormant, between mid-autumn and early spring – ideally in November.

I normally tidy up my garden in Autumn but i saw a programme about leaving it if you can and although it niggles me seeing it , There's been a wren living in my garden all winter you can see it everyday going between the tubs in and out the cover picking up what it can and the pigeons are back nesting in the conifer