DVD/CD printing program

steve_b_wales

There is, or was, a  free program that allowed you to print onto a CD/DVD disc (with the right printer) and also allowed you to make the inserts for the DVD/CD cases. I've tried hard to remember the name but failed. It was/is a few years old now, but once I see the name, I'll know it. It's on the tip of my tongue! There's loads out there I know, and I've scrawled through the internet.

Any ideas?

Found it - NERO.

Edited by steve_b_wales

'Lightscribe' is the technology you're thinking of, would allow direct printing onto a suitable CD/DVD recordable discs.  Stopped being sold in 2013, apparently.

Can't help with software, never used any, just wrote onto the blank label provided, similar to compact cassettes.

I would say though, why are you recording onto optical media in 2024?  It's been proven that it is not the most stable technology for archival storage, so not a great place for the family albums.

19 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

'Lightscribe' is the technology you're thinking of, would allow direct printing onto a suitable CD/DVD recordable discs.  Stopped being sold in 2013, apparently.

Can't help with software, never used any, just wrote onto the blank label provided, similar to compact cassettes.

I would say though, why are you recording onto optical media in 2024?  It's been proven that it is not the most stable technology for archival storage, so not a great place for the family albums.

Thanks, and I agree, but the video's are made by the various community houses that I work with, and they asked for DVD discs. This will be done using the works computer.

Edited by steve_b_wales

16 hours ago, Cosmicblue said:

As udderlyoffroad has mentioned - writeable CDs and DVDs have proved to be a poor data storage option - I was holding a pile that had older data-backups on, after 5 years most were unreadable.

Once again, I agree, but the DVD discs will be used with people with learning difficulties etc, and are far easier (for them)

2 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

Once again, I agree, but the DVD discs will be used with people with learning difficulties etc, and are far easier (for them)

Understood.

There is this: RONYASOFT CD DVD LABEL MAKER

The demo version is unlimited use and will watermark the prints - maybe enough for your needs or buy the full version for the professional end result.