Norcro Fishing Rod

CaptC

55 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Happy days IG 👍 I would guess a fibre tube glass rod with a spigot ferrule , i still have a fibre tube fly rod of the 1960s

Yes spigot ferrule 

No, the spool does not turn. I’ve seen reels that do

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, thanks for posting Paul, i am sure many on here have happy memories of using what we now class as Vintage fishing tackle, the only reel i have in that class is one made in Weymouth, 

Most of my fishing tackle is vintage (fly fishing and the rare sea fishing trip) Anything caught in the sea goes back as the pollution around our coasts means possible infections. 

4 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, thanks for posting Paul, i am sure many on here have happy memories of using what we now class as Vintage fishing tackle, the only reel i have in that class is one made in Weymouth, 

Yep :good:

When I started Father and I had cut down old split cane salmon rods for beachcasters, Irish linen as the reel line and could only afford the new fangled nylon in 5 yard lengths for traces. Things did improve and I still have my Hardy 2 to 4oz Longbow from '68

53 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Yep :good:

When I started Father and I had cut down old split cane salmon rods for beachcasters, Irish linen as the reel line and could only afford the new fangled nylon in 5 yard lengths for traces. Things did improve and I still have my Hardy 2 to 4oz Longbow from '68

Hello, my start of fishing was in the mid 1950s , local river, cane, string, and bent pin, and a worm🤔😊