How did you get on??

Suffolk shooter

Met up with Starlight32 and Blackbob this morning for a clay shoot run for the North Suffolk Wildfowlers which I have just joined.

Nice Haybale style shoot, which IMHO is the best kind :lol:

40 birds over four stand, and I have to say some unusal targets I have never seen before.

First mistake was not taking fibre wads with me even though Starlight32 had phoned me before I left home and told me and I had said I had loads :D??? Thankfully Blackbob had some extra Hull Pro comp in fibre which I swapped with him for my favoured Eley Olympic Trap.

Ended the day with 27 ex 40 and have to say that my favorite stand was the third where the first bird was an upturned normal clay bounced off the pond from a manual trap we were shooting over. Its like shooting a bouncing rabbit but with the clay curving left once it had bounced :lol::lol::lol: Second bird was a normal clay fired at a high angle from behind so that it almost stalled before plummeting down coming back towards the cage to land in the pond just in front. Think I managed 9 on that stand missing one high bird. Had to say it was an easyish stand when shooting, but not when watching and think more than one gun choked before they went in the cage.

Cracking little shoot and even tea coffee laid on. Nice bunch of blokes there too all friendly. Look forward to meeting up with them on the marsh too. :P

SS

Well, the Essex contingent met at JJs again today and not a pink whistle in sight!

Mungler wiped the board again hitting a whopping 72 to pick up MASSIVE trophy to add to the one he won a couple of weeks ago (he was even more impressed with that one as it had a male figure in pants in the middle - get the pic up Mung!!).

Mr Digweed had a fair day and was also in the prizes when we left, lets hope he got something. As for the rest of us mere mortals......... not sure of all the scores but the shoot off for last was between Evil Elvis and Wobba with EE (luckily for him) just managing to pip Wobba on the last stand. I think the final standings were...

Mungler 72

Mr Digweed 65

Broken Man

Bagsy 54

LV

Evil Elvis

Wobba

Another top day ???:lol: If I got any of the standings wrong I'm SURE you'll let me know :lol:

Well, the Essex contingent met at JJs again today and not a pink whistle in sight!

Mungler wiped the board again hitting a whopping 72 to pick up MASSIVE trophy to add to the one he won a couple of weeks ago (he was even more impressed with that one as it had a male figure in pants in the middle - get the pic up Mung!!).

Mr Digweed had a fair day and was also in the prizes when we left, lets hope he got something. As for the rest of us mere mortals......... not sure of all the scores but the shoot off for last was between Evil Elvis and Wobba with EE (luckily for him) just managing to pip Wobba on the last stand. I think the final standings were...

Mungler 72

Mr Digweed 65

Broken Man

Bagsy 54

LV

Evil Elvis

Wobba

Another top day ???:lol: If I got any of the standings wrong I'm SURE you'll let me know :lol:

The leather cap has been located and will be brought along for next weeks Comp. I just bought some nice patches off Ebay for it.

Well ,I returned to Shugborough with my new Beretta 391 Sporter set up exactly like my last 391 which I shot well up to 05 when I set it up the same as Scott Robinsons, and after My scores dropped like a lead submarine and I used to have more zeros on my card than the Japanese Airforce had at Pearl Harbour in World War Two!! Well I was pleased in a way as I scored 81x100 which was much like the old me, but I knew I should have had at least a 85, I dropped 9 birds on two stands which //// me off but, the new/ old set up pleased me and makes me annoyed I have wasted the last two years shooting a set up that was all wrong!!cheers. ???

Well ,I returned to Shugborough with my new Beretta 391 Sporter set up exactly like my last 391 which I shot well up to 05 when I set it up the same as Scott Robinsons, and after My scores dropped like a lead submarine and I used to have more zeros on my card than the Japanese Airforce had at Pearl Harbour in World War Two!! Well I was pleased in a way as I scored 81x100 which was much like the old me, but like us all I knew I should have had at least a 85, I dropped 9 birds on two stands which //// me off but, the new/ old set up pleased me and makes me annoyed I have wasted the last two years shooting a set up that was all wrong!!cheers. ???

Nice shooting Ron. When are you coming down to Essex for a night on the beers and a few clays ?

Matt (LV)

Probally never LV, I am an old Berk now and coming to the end of my shooting, but I thank you for the invite. the funny thing about today/(Not) A mate offered me a lift down to where my car was parked as he could see I was knackered as he was driving past, Cheers bud said I, and put my new 391 into the boot of his car along with my shooting vest , cartridge bag etc, gets down to my car and another mate going past says Hello, you old ////! how did you shoot I regale him with my story of woulda, shoulda, coulda, etc, My first mate drives off with all my gear!. back to wherever he comes from at least 80 miles from me!!.( OH ////) oh well I will keep a eye out on Guntrader this week!! just in case! Ha Ha, Cheers bud. ???:lol:

Met up with Starlight32 and Blackbob this morning for a clay shoot run for the North Suffolk Wildfowlers which I have just joined.

Nice Haybale style shoot, which IMHO is the best kind :lol:

40 birds over four stand, and I have to say some unusal targets I have never seen before.

First mistake was not taking fibre wads with me even though Starlight32 had phoned me before I left home and told me and I had said I had loads :D??? Thankfully Blackbob had some extra Hull Pro comp in fibre which I swapped with him for my favoured Eley Olympic Trap.

Ended the day with 27 ex 40 and have to say that my favorite stand was the third where the first bird was an upturned normal clay bounced off the pond from a manual trap we were shooting over. Its like shooting a bouncing rabbit but with the clay curving left once it had bounced :lol::lol::lol: Second bird was a normal clay fired at a high angle from behind so that it almost stalled before plummeting down coming back towards the cage to land in the pond just in front. Think I managed 9 on that stand missing one high bird. Had to say it was an easyish stand when shooting, but not when watching and think more than one gun choked before they went in the cage.

Cracking little shoot and even tea coffee laid on. Nice bunch of blokes there too all friendly. Look forward to meeting up with them on the marsh too. :P

SS

Quite a tricky bird that- Took a lot of development to get the angle of elevation on the trap right- Too deep the clay breaks on the water- Too high the clay flies 10 foot into the air.

We only got it right after we watched the Dambusters film................................

:lol: What bagsey also forgot to mention was that Mungler used a SIDEBYSIDE!!!!!!!!

tHE SCORES WERE:

Mungler 72

Mr Digweed 65

Broken Man 57

Bagsy 54

LV 48

Evil Elvis 47

Wobba 42

i have to say that i shot like a gaylord and deserved the hat today.......but luckily....i took wobber!!!!!! :P:) :) B) :D :D

:lol: What bagsey also forgot to mention was that Mungler used a SIDEBYSIDE!!!!!!!!

tHE SCORES WERE:

Mungler 72

Mr Digweed 65

Broken Man 57

Bagsy 54

LV 48

Evil Elvis 47

Wobba 42

i have to say that i shot like a gaylord and deserved the hat today.......but luckily....i took wobber!!!!!! :P:) :) B) :D :D

Mung isnt there next week as he is at Centre Parcs, does he win the new hat automatically for a no - show ?