Horseshoe Project

My wife fulfilled her lifelong ambition of getting a horse - it's not my thing, and I wasn't a fan, but she has MS and very limited mobility so seeing her being able to be out and about in the countryside once again does warm my heart and she's obviously over the moon.  The kids and I wanted to surprise her for mothers day, so we've been cutting and bending horseshoes to make a name sign for the stable door - I'm really grateful that the horse only has a short name!  My welding is absolutely shocking so please don't look too closely - the main thing is the wife will be happy.  A while ago, I made a trivet to sit on top of my wood burner, a mate of mine in the states really liked it so whilst I had the tools out, I've also knocked one up for him.

Shoe 1.jpg

Shoe 2.jpg

Well done 👍 

A mate of mine made wall trough planters and a 2 seater garden bench out of the surplus horse shoes, and looked very good.

He does have stables , and a number of horses, and used to enter the horses in The Royal Welsh Show in Builth Wells.

Blimey, sorry to hear about your wife Jonty.

I am sure she will love what you have done and must say it looks pretty good from here, will you be putting on a plaque or screwing direct to the stable door?

4 hours ago, old'un said:

Blimey, sorry to hear about your wife Jonty.

I am sure she will love what you have done and must say it looks pretty good from here, will you be putting on a plaque or screwing direct to the stable door?

Thanks Dave - she’s had it for over 20 years but she’s a fighter and looks for the positive where’ve she can.  RE the letters, I’m going to let her decide how she wants them, I have a leaf from an old oak table set aside if she wants a plaque, or was going to get some farriers nails if she wants it fixing direct to the door.. 

16 minutes ago, Aled said:

Sorry to hear about your wife's troubles Jonty. That is great craftmanship nice one. 

Thank you - on both accounts.

On 08/03/2024 at 22:24, Jonty said:

Thanks Dave - she’s had it for over 20 years but she’s a fighter and looks for the positive where’ve she can.  RE the letters, I’m going to let her decide how she wants them, I have a leaf from an old oak table set aside if she wants a plaque, or was going to get some farriers nails if she wants it fixing direct to the door.. 

Thank you - on both accounts.

:good: