Gun fitting.

muncher

I’m looking to have a couple of my guns fitted to me now that I’ve had to change shoulders. Has anyone got any recommendations preferably near to me but I’m happy to travel 100 miles or so. 
cheers Julian. 

FWIW and it is only my opinion get it done properly and get it done once. That's Holland and Holland at Northwood. Not too onerous from Kings Lynn with the A1 and M25 or make an outing of it and combine it with a visit to London? Proper fitting requires a proper facility of at the very very least a true pattern plate and then the firing of straight going away birds moving to easy straight overhead driven birds and then lastly testing the fit on those birds where you throw the gun up and take an instinctive shot with no time to adjust the mount you've got. The worst fitting is that done in a gunshop or gunroom ONLY where there's no chance to then try the gun at other than the three of four yards dimensions of the indoor premises. There is, happily, no obligation after having had a fitting at Holland's to then use them to make any alterations to your gun. It's like an eye test in that respect. They'll give you the "prescription" and you can take it away and if just a lengthening pad do it yourself or if a bend and drop adjustment then shop around.

Edited by enfieldspares

32 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

FWIW and it is only my opinion get it done properly and get it done once. That's Holland and Holland at Northwood. Not too onerous from Kings Lynn with the A1 and M25 or make an outing of it and combine it with a visit to London? Proper fitting requires a proper facility of at the very very least a true pattern plate and then the firing of straight going away birds moving to east straight overhead driven birds and then lastly testing the fit on those birds where you throw the gun up and take an instinctive shot with no time to adjust the mount you've got. The worst fitting is that done in a gunshop or gunroom ONLY where there's no chance to then try the gun at other than the three of four yards dimensions of the indoor premises. There is, happily, no obligation after having had a fitting at Holland's to then use them to make any alterations to your gun. It's like an eye test in that respect. They'll give you the "prescription" and you can take it away and if just a lengthening pad do it yourself or if a bend and drop adjustment then shop around.

Second piece of advice: listen to the first advice.