FAC application

Bryn

Having had a shot gun license for 20 years i am now thinking of applying for my FAC.

I have written permission from land owners whose land has already been okayed, i have aslo a letter from a pest comtrol operator giving me a reference.

My question is this I want to use the gun for Pest control (rabbits & fox), in Q19 on the form it states 'give details of firearm you wish to purchase'.

Should i put two different calibres down?

.22 for rabbit & .223 for fox?:good:? Both with moderator

Any advise ??

I would say they are ideal calibres for the purpose, but then I would I have one of each :good:

You will get other advice, but you need to make the decision, all calibres have plus's and minus's

That section of the application isn't finalised until you have your visit, so don't think what is done there is done.

I forgot to put a mod down for my .22 and my FEO said add that in and also told me double up my ammo amounts as well.

I'd use the "no .22lr for Fox" rule in your favour. If you put down both the .22lr and .223 then I'd imagine with good reason and suitable land you should get both. If you can, do as much reading up on the rules of rifle shooting (safe backstops, trajectories, ammo types etc) and then throw it all at the FEO when he visits. If you appear to take a good interest and know the safety aspects of using what you want then you should be fine.

Good luck :good:

Having had a shot gun license for 20 years i am now thinking of applying for my FAC.

I have written permission from land owners whose land has already been okayed, i have aslo a letter from a pest comtrol operator giving me a reference.

My question is this I want to use the gun for Pest control (rabbits & fox), in Q19 on the form it states 'give details of firearm you wish to purchase'.

Should i put two different calibres down?

.22 for rabbit & .223 for fox?:good:? Both with moderator

Any advise ??

Bryn,

After 1.5 years on the shotties I recently put in for:

1. Section 1 shotty

2. .22RF with mod

3. .223 with mod

The advice off the forum was put down everything and trade - the advice was actually spot on - I traded out the section 1 shotty and got everything else.

The section 1 shotties - well they have Rettendon and going mad in Sainsburys written all over them and plod hate them.

I would recommend doing the same again, but for Kent.

Andy

P.S.

Get yourself down to JJs on a Sunday