Clay shooting

Heard recently there is a clay shooing club just past Higher green  East Lancs RD .Has 100sporting every 3d week .Don’t know any more details don’t know name of club .Been to Worsley in past but the RD is a no no .

Run by John Webster - Webber on here - top lad. Easy access from the East Lancs Road.

Manchester Gun Club in Worsley Grange has had a truly awful access road for 30 years. Given the prices they charge, I would have thought they could have improved the road.

14 hours ago, dipper said:

Heard recently there is a clay shooing club just past Higher green  East Lancs RD .Has 100sporting every 3d week .Don’t know any more details don’t know name of club .Been to Worsley in past but the RD is a no no .

I'm going to Worsley today.  I am led to believe that the road to the ground has been improved.  Watch this space  !

There is a ground on the A580 East Lancs Road,  it is accessed through the farm yard. It is where the car boots are held. The lad from St Helens gun shop, Norgas, is connected with it.

15 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Run by John Webster - Webber on here - top lad. Easy access from the East Lancs Road.

Manchester Gun Club in Worsley Grange has had a truly awful access road for 30 years. Given the prices they charge, I would have thought they could have improved the road.

Thanks Gordon 👍

5 hours ago, Westley said:

I'm going to Worsley today.  I am led to believe that the road to the ground has been improved.  Watch this space  !

There is a ground on the A580 East Lancs Road,  it is accessed through the farm yard. It is where the car boots are held. The lad from St Helens gun shop, Norgas, is connected with it.

👍👍

I had a really good day at Manchester Shooting Ground today. M62 not too busy and joy of joys, the access road to the ground is greatly improved.  There are still potholes, but nothing worse than the M62 westbound carriageway around Warrington.  100 testing targets each, with no more than 12 'no birds' in the 200. Then finished off in the Cafe, which is under new management, with some lovely food and a nice coffee. 100 birds at (£30, Members price). Toilets clean, could have walked the 13 stand course in carpet slippers and we met some old friends there. What a lovely day out.

Okay, so the approach road has been improved,  can I ask anyone on here visiting the ground to drive at a sensible speed, 20mph max. One of the reasons for the old surface not being repaired,  was to control the speed of traffic using the road.

Glad they have improved the road. Abram Motocross Park has a shocking access road. Their reason for the dreadful state is to keep speeds down. I would need to see a polygraph strapped to someone's arm when they trot that one out. 🙂

I can remember the first time I went to Worsley, the game keeper was still living in the cottage part way down the access road. His dog kennels were on the opposite side of the roadway. He complained constantly about the speed of some of the clayshooters, and having witnessed some of them, justifiably so. Some of the large 4 x 4's drove what was literally through his yard, at speed, covering everything in dust. Now that the same roadway services an airgun club, a scout camp and a paintballing ground as well as the clay ground, that's an awful lot of traffic using that road.

14 hours ago, Westley said:

I had a really good day at Manchester Shooting Ground today. M62 not too busy and joy of joys, the access road to the ground is greatly improved.  There are still potholes, but nothing worse than the M62 westbound carriageway around Warrington.  100 testing targets each, with no more than 12 'no birds' in the 200. Then finished off in the Cafe, which is under new management, with some lovely food and a nice coffee. 100 birds at (£30, Members price). Toilets clean, could have walked the 13 stand course in carpet slippers and we met some old friends there. What a lovely day out.

Okay, so the approach road has been improved,  can I ask anyone on here visiting the ground to drive at a sensible speed, 20mph max. One of the reasons for the old surface not being repaired,  was to control the speed of traffic using the road.

Thanks for heads up on Worsley and I know exactly where you mean on the M62 near Warrington regarding the potholes 

11 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Westley - I interviewed the game keepers daughter for a job about 1990. She mentioned idiot drivers. 🙂

I rest my case  !  Thanks Gordon.

I worked at Worsley as an Instructor for a few years, after I retired, in 2004. On one occasion I was literally overtaken on that 'track' by a clown in a Toyota twin cab   ??