lamping with ronan

conor

hello lads, ronan nee off here and myself headed out down his place on monday night, not been lamping down there for ages so we were expecting a few. walked down his land only spotted one but it was way out up a hill. next one was spotted at about 100yds ronan was on lamp myself shooting. when i looked at him thru the scope he looked really white, fine big dog fox, i steadied up cross hair on chest foxy falls over! shooting at night with a mod is very handy for spotting hits. the next one was spotted in a big patch of rushes, was thinking we wouldnt get this one the rushes are a curse. was only 50 or 60 yds away most of the time, then i got my chance he made the mistake of getting up on a bit of a high spot, down goes foxy number two at 60yds this time a vixen. the next one was spotted on a hillock at around 150yds, we didnt bother calling as he was in a nice spot, im on the lamp this time and i hear the lovely thump of 50gr american eagle hitting fox! then i hear something about my trigger being a bit on the light side :welcomeani: another vixen. next fox was spotted very close maybe 5 yds away! im on the lamp foxy walking away goes thru a fence keps walking, looks back for a split second and walks on again then twack!! down goes foxy number 4 walking at about 25yds shot thru the back with a rather nasty exit wound in the chest another vixen, called it a night after that as i was feeling a little sorry for myself had a vodka red bull or two too many at the weekend :friends:

lampingwithronan.jpg

Guest The Outlaw

Didnt they do well.

My one and only "Charlie" was from 20 yards in back of head with two 32gram 6's. 1/2 & 3/4 choke

Sneaked up on the ****** staking out some pheasant pens, "Bang"Bang" dead

My mate thought I had only let one round off but we could see 2 wounds in the back of the head and neck.

Wouldnt shoot one from any further away with a shoty though, needs to be a clean kill and not a runner.

:welcomeani::friends: peter has your tails mark! ive been lazy! watch areas where there is feeding going on and shoot them with hmr, grey crows everywhere here plus magpies, i always have the hmr with me never pass up a shot on a grey! was thinking of trapping them, made a nice larsen trap, its out the back of my house not set! i have more craic shooting them. cheers for all the replies lads :welcomeani: