Bogdeath tripod

Hi Guys looking for Honest opinions on using one of these ,always used shooting sticks and get on well but appears more shooters apparently use the tripod set up ?question I have is a mate has the tripod from primos and likes it but to me it has movement in the head ?do all tripods wobble a bit or are the Bog death more stable ,carrying around at night is it more awkward compared to sticks or just use them stationary?? Opinions would be much appreciated 

12 hours ago, Cornish lad said:

Hi Guys looking for Honest opinions on using one of these ,always used shooting sticks and get on well but appears more shooters apparently use the tripod set up ?question I have is a mate has the tripod from primos and likes it but to me it has movement in the head ?do all tripods wobble a bit or are the Bog death more stable ,carrying around at night is it more awkward compared to sticks or just use them stationary?? Opinions would be much appreciated 

I use a Gen 3 Primos tripod. There is 'slight' movement in the head but nothing that affects my shooting. Mine has a hog saddle clamp fitted and also a Manbily swivel head (via Ali Express) between that and the tripod. This allows me to not only clamp the rifle securely, but allows movement in all directions too. The Bog death ones are more steady, but cost a lot more. 

Edited by steve_b_wales

I had the expensive Rekon carbon one promoted by Mark Ripley, my quad sticks were more stable.  OK for hands free holding the rifle but heavy, noisy and not rock solid.  Can't beat a bipod and a rear bag if the terrain allows. 

Edited by Weihrauch17

If sat baiting they are simply awesome - put the gun in and just leave it pointing at the bait ready

I have used mine for a bit of walking - open one of the legs - and put it on the shoulder - but its not really what they are intended for 

They also lay flat - which sometimes can be very handy 

I would not be without both my pairs