Were they all gone?!!

I have only seen one or two pigeons around my shoot this last week!!!!!! were they all got to!?!?! I think it might have somthing to do with this runway the farmer has build on a side strip, for his plane!!! Becuase he has 2 FARMS!! so he goes from one to the other every week or so!!! :yp: I think these low flying planes have scared them off! + there dont seem to be any crows or rooks about to!! :)

Hi

I shoot near a RAF Training Base and we get planes over continually so i really wouldnt worry about those. Give it time the birds will have to get used to it.

I actually found that if a plane is nearing the decoys then pigeon will dart in lw and fast to be safe. Its good sport but annoying hearing the drone all the time. Dont give up,

Regards

James

Yes.. James is right Mag,

One of my shoots was a stones throw away from the runway at RAF Fairford. When the american Galaxy refuelling planes and B52,s were taking off during both gulf wars the birds were spooked by the engine noise but soon got used to it.. returning after take off... nothing makes more noise than a fuel ladened Galaxy on full throttle climbing slowly into the sky... it was awesome... and the smell of spent aviation fuel was worse than the noise!!!

FM.