Removing concrete posts

Dougy

Needed to remove 14 concrete posts, unsightly, not straight in anyway shape or form, not even all the same way round. I decided to replace with 4inch round and 1/2 round post and rail to open up the gardens (we actually get on really well with the neighbour)  rather than the tunnel effect with 5foot panels. 

I looked at all ways of removal and eventually hired a HYDRAULIC FENCE POST REMOVER, pulled all out in 6 hours including a tea break, amazing piece of kit. 

Highly recommended. 

post puller.jpeg

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

That certainly appears to be the right tool for the job and leaves you relatively neat holes for the new posts.

Bit too warm for that sort of work here today.

I was done for about 12 today, I'd still have been on the 2nd post digging by hand. 

1 hour ago, ph5172 said:

How does it work. 
do you just ratchet the post to it or do you have to mechanically secure it 

Single chain rond the top.

Wrap a longer chain twice rond the bottom. Then pump. 

I'll add pics in a bit. 

20240626_185136.jpg

Edited by Dougy

I carry out many replacements on fencing, usually vehicle impact damage, and this looks like a useful tool for me. But,,,, I'm suspecting it will only work on level ground, which I hardly ever see on my jobs 🤷‍♂️ Also, some posts are adjacent to brickwork etc and other things which would impede the use of this 🙄

20240626_185123.jpg

1 minute ago, JKD said:

I carry out many replacements on fencing, usually vehicle impact damage, and this looks like a useful tool for me. But,,,, I'm suspecting it will only work on level ground, which I hardly ever see on my jobs 🤷‍♂️ Also, some posts are adjacent to brickwork etc and other things which would impede the use of this 🙄

It does have its limits but no way I'd have done this job in the time I  did. And with such ease, even the little lady next door could pull a post out. 

4 minutes ago, Dougy said:

20240626_185123.jpg

It does have its limits but no way I'd have done this job in the time I  did. And with such ease, even the little lady next door could pull a post out. 

Yeah, I can see by the frame spreader bars it wouldn't be of any use to most of my jobs 🤦‍♂️ Hey ho,,,, one day maybe 😆