Beach fishing

B686

Hi all after some advice if anyone has any. Me my mrs and  son are off to holkham Norfolk for a couple of days then thetford forest for a couple of nights. While at holkham I am going to do a bit of beach fishing.  I have heard it is very shallow at holkham would I maybe better heading to Cromer or the other way up to brancaster ? Thanks for any help . 

12 hours ago, B686 said:

Yes had heard that. Mrs is taking her horse thats why staying at holkham . Will either go cromer way or brancaster.

Hello, If there is a local tackle shop they may help, and provide bait, When i fished the South Coast beaches i phoned a few days before travel for info and bait

Hi, you are right Holkham very shallow and not very productive.

Brancaster is also shallow but does through up more fish especially Bass but parking near the golf course is expensive.

You are much better off at Cley although you will pay to park, Salthouse free Parking or Weybourne free parking near the fence on the left hand side or pay if you are in the parking area.

All above could/can be fished any time of the tide but 2 up 2 down probably more productive.

Tackle shop at West Runton for bait but you would probably need to order if you wanted fresh worm.

Good luck.

11 hours ago, karlbird said:

Hi, you are right Holkham very shallow and not very productive.

Brancaster is also shallow but does through up more fish especially Bass but parking near the golf course is expensive.

You are much better off at Cley although you will pay to park, Salthouse free Parking or Weybourne free parking near the fence on the left hand side or pay if you are in the parking area.

All above could/can be fished any time of the tide but 2 up 2 down probably more productive.

Tackle shop at West Runton for bait but you would probably need to order if you wanted fresh worm.

Good luck.

Hi thanks for that going to Cley mrs is dropping me and the dog off so won’t have to pay,  getting there for about 8.30am fishing few hrs up and a few down. Already got bait sorted . 🤞🏻🎣

Would suggest if doing Cley as you walk over the top don't fish in front of the car park as strong possibility you will have swimmers under your rods.

I would walk left past the boats till you get fed up of walking.

Hi fished Cley today. Didn’t start too well got there and realised I had left my tripod at home 100 miles away! Ended up going to screwfix in fakenham and bought 3x 2m lengths of 15mm copper tube and a roll of duct tape to make a tripod. Fished 2 hrs up for nothing and 2 1/2 down for nothing but after that they switched on ended up catching 8 . Six were about 12 inches and 2 were probably keepers but let them go to fight another day . To used to letting carp go . Thanks for the info people have given me since posting this thread 👍👍Boot in pic is size 11 buck boot.

IMG_4151.jpeg

IMG_4148.jpeg

IMG_4147.jpeg

IMG_4152.png

4 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Well done, 👍  Just goes to show you can fish beyond the low tide ,

Thanks . Was certainly the best time that day👍

On 12/07/2024 at 16:38, B686 said:

Hi fished Cley today. Didn’t start too well got there and realised I had left my tripod at home 100 miles away! Ended up going to screwfix in fakenham and bought 3x 2m lengths of 15mm copper tube and a roll of duct tape to make a tripod. Fished 2 hrs up for nothing and 2 1/2 down for nothing but after that they switched on ended up catching 8 . Six were about 12 inches and 2 were probably keepers but let them go to fight another day . To used to letting carp go . Thanks for the info people have given me since posting this thread 👍👍Boot in pic is size 11 buck boot.

IMG_4151.jpeg

IMG_4148.jpeg

IMG_4147.jpeg

IMG_4152.png

Where's your mat? 😁😉

On 16/07/2024 at 12:32, Penelope said:

Where's your mat? 😁😉

It was at home with my carp gear, anyway they had a lovely bed of shingle to lay on👍

Had the day off Tuesday fished bradwell beach had these 2 smooth hound. Give a good scrap . Caught on rag worm . 

IMG_4203.png

IMG_4198.png