Members

Fisherman Mike

Leon

Thanks for sharing your horror story. I was under the impression that paypal was secure. Who took the money the vendor or paypal?

We all place our trust in this type of technology, and I suppose that everything goes wrong sometime. At least you got your money back.

My son paid for an item ebay by cheque, and never got the goods, some use ebay banishing the vendor.

webber

Jonnyni,

As regards my D.O.B....lets put it this way.... if I was 18 years younger we would be the same age. :( :huh: Would it be an idea if we knew a person was under/ over 21 ??

I was wrong when I said somebody had asked for an address... I misconstrued FM's original post.

I'm not usually bothered about peoples ages on here so much. I think I've got enough experience to know when somebody hasn't got a clue what they are talking about and can usually suss out the wheat from the chaff.

I think you will find that Teal has now made it mandatory to fill in the location field when you join up. But sadly this will not stop the anti's , i.e. Anonymous, who merely typed in AAA for his location. Surely this would also apply to the date of birth field.

I would be interested to hear of any views that Teal may have about this topic .

Leon,

Thanks for that.

I aggree with all posts, but there are other options for payment,

Nochex= all that is needed is a bank account( ideal for the younger groups), the downside is that they charge 99p to load money from your bank account to your nochex account.

Direct payment = into the receivers bank account which can be done from the internet or bank.

Neil

Sniper,

What you have said is totally correct the filling out of particular fields is up to the honesty of the members and is therefore not 100% reliable imformation to begin with but im sure its mostly true.

I am really 106years old and come from Tibet. :D

Of course it is easy to spot the people who talk **** but cannot blame the under 21s for that all the time. It would just be good to know the age people that post so as to reply to them rather than guess and make an a*se of myself again :( :huh: .

I like you am not bothered about ages but its good to know the age brackets of the people you are talking to cause ya sure can't see them to have a guess.

Cheers Jonny.

I think every person posting on this site should pay up front to gain access and have details such as dob, area, sex and interests. The most important aspect I believe, would be to have a functional e-mail address, as it seems to me people can, at times, say pretty much what they like. I know you can respond here but sometimes its good to talk to someone without the other party 'showing off' in front of others.

LB :(

One of our established members wanted to make his donation but due to him having had a bad experiance with Paypal needed another way to do it.

Today i received his personal cheque and immediately passed on the amount to the administrator via my Paypal account.

He now has the "Support banner" under his name.

There is always a way when there is a will.

Ernya

It is pleasing to learn that a member used his initiative and contacted you as one of the administrators to make a donation to PW.

It woud be good to learn of other members who have their doubts with paypal following suit. I am however wondering if your bank charges you for paying in cheques?

The nochex option suggested by another member sounds like a good idea, although a bit pricey. However if it removes an obsticle then it should be tried.

webber