Remington Thunderbolt Supersonic .22RF Ammo

I have had some of this ammo for a couple of years now and finally got around to using it last night for some long range bunny bashing. It has been stored in the top compartment of my gun cabinet, so no issues with dampness etc.

It was absolutely useless. I would estimate 3 out of 10 made less noise than an Eley Sub. They were all over the place.

I got some Winchester Lazers off my mate and they were miles better.

Some time ago I bought a thousand Remington standard .22rf for target shooting. They were **** also. All over the place. I used them up as barrel warmers. If anyone visits American gun sites you will find Remington products vilified there also. Guns included. Big name. Poor quality control.

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to say this but most ammunition we use is made by the same company,

http://www.atk.com/Customer_Solutions_Ammu..._as_default.asp

I think that with the current state of world affairs a lot of plants in the US are being turned over to military prodution, I am guessing but I think that all other munitions will be farmed out to poorer quality plants such as IMI who manufacture such delights as Sampson which is the worst ammo I have ever used.

I think we can brace ourselves for some poor quality rounds appearing over the next few months,

Gloom :blink: