Changing address and police force

Hey all!

I have moved from Stafford to Norfolk, and so I have moved police forces.

Doni just go onto Stafford’s police website and update my address, or do I need to let both forces know?

I have updated my address before, but never had to live police force, 

could anyone give some advice please?

Thanks all!

The two forces bordering me print a new certificate showing new address. New FEO will want to check your security as well. Sometimes ours take your word that your security is what it should be, or what you have told them it is and will check on renewal. 

• 1 month later...

Just an update, I advised both forces of my move, I then called Norfolk firearms licence line to be certain I did it correctly as I was unsure, he was very very helpful, he told me what I needed to do. So I sent in my old cert to Norfolk police, and my new one turned up in the post a week later.

I asked on the phone about my cabinet, and was advised that cert holders know what the security should be, and My security will be checked on renewal. 

Good job Norfolk!

6 hours ago, BobbyH said:

Just an update, I advised both forces of my move, I then called Norfolk firearms licence line to be certain I did it correctly as I was unsure, he was very very helpful, he told me what I needed to do. So I sent in my old cert to Norfolk police, and my new one turned up in the post a week later.

I asked on the phone about my cabinet, and was advised that cert holders know what the security should be, and My security will be checked on renewal. 

Good job Norfolk!

Blimey, a quick and sensible response from your FEO, try to keep hold of him, he is a RARITY.................:good: