antique gun ???

the other day my grandad gave me this gun. its like a little 6 shot revolver and its rim fire. ive had it checked and its not illegal because you cannot get the ammo for them any more. but what sort of gun is it? when was it made? how much is it worth?

cheers Reed

sorry about focus i did it quick :(

post-11-1085823894.jpg

Ratty,

Sorry, but I don't really know anything about Revolvers.

Looking at it there, and at the size, I guess it is the sort of thing a lady or a gent may have carried discreetly on their person or in a handbag in early Victorian times to protect against attackers.

Value - that depends on condition, scarceity and collectability. I wouldn't begin to guess. Could be worth anywhere from £50 to......... well, no idea!

Assuming you are a member of BASC (if you aren't, you **** well should be!) email your photos to Bill Harriman, who will (ususally) be able to help you.

Ask me anything about shotguns, but not these!

Your gun is probably Belgian made. Late 1800s. A traveller or probably cyclists gun with folding trigger. There primary use was against stray, feral and savage dogs when travelling, although defence against persons was not uncommon. They sometimes even fitted into bicycle handlebar ends and known as a "Velo-dog" Calibre would be something between .25 and .32 Rimfire or metric equivalent . Mauser made quite a few of these too. Not worth a great amount but a fascinating, pretty little piece.