At long last!!

deeksofdoom

Well I was at work today and I got a notion that I'd get out early and go out after a few duck, as you do. Got home for about 4.00, gathered up my gear, got the dog out of the run, hitched up the trailer and piled into the car and we headed off. Got to the river about 4.30, it was well flooded with plenty of Mallard and Teal about. Headed off down the side of the dike, dog at my side. Stopped at my usual spot and crept up the bank. Up rose a few teal and a mallard, picked out the Mallard and dropped him the other side of the drain, called the dog and sent her to retrieve. She jumped into the freezing water but after splashing around came back with nothing, headed off up the the bank a bit, directly accross from where I had seen the duck fall. Sent her accross again, she dives in and swims to the other side, all goes quite so I called her next thing here she comes with the mallard. Swims back accross the drain and drops her into my hand. Nice one!!!

Hopefully it will be the first of many for her!

PB220052.jpg

Thanks for the replies lads, I was well chuffed, went out the night after that shot another mallard at a fairly long distance he landed way over on the other side of the river. But I didn't send her over it was a bit too far, you just have to know your limits or you could get into trouble.

She's 16 months at the moment and is qite small, her father was quite a small dog and she was the runt of the litter aswell, but what she lacks in size she makes up for in brains. :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...