rangefinder

dph

I use a Nikon Prostaff 440 Laser Rangefinder. It's only ok, the optics are a bit too dark. But, I use it mostly for ranging a fox after I've taken the shot and in the daytime for ranging safely landed winged vermin. Cost me 140 euro delivered to my door from the USA, handy item to have.

The only other two I have looked through have been Leica and Swarovski. Definately top of the food chain rangefinder territory. Very bright optics, everything else great on them too in all honesty. Expensive though. The older Leicas will be rectangular and boxy affairs while the newer models look more ergonomic and are a lot smaller.

I usually don't have time to use mine on a fox. Rabbits would be different some of the time, for landed winged vermin it's great though.

hi i am thinking of trying a rangefinder i will be using a 223 for foxes and a 17hmr for rabbits, does anybody have any advice on using rangefinders. i see a lot advertised but do not know anybody who uses one.

I was talking to a golfing friend who told me that he uses a rangefinder that lines up with the pole at the next hole and he reads off the range fairly accurately, could I wonder this be used or adapted for use in shooting,maybe lining it up on the nearest fence pole, the thing costs under £50?

:rolleyes: D2D

i think i,ll wait untill after christmas and see if i have any money left in the pot, if i have i may try a cheap one. but if i can change the topic just a bit, johngalway talked about buying his rangefinder from the u.s.a. ive often wondered about doing the same but i dont know what the price limit is before you have to pay any tax, ok you buy at a price and pay p@p but are there any other charges?.

Allow £20 pp and £32 import tax on top of your bargain ..........Has money is an issue you won't go far wrong with this :rolleyes:http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/produc...Y+BAG+RUCKSACK/

Have and use the yarage pro myself :lol: ...........If I had unlimited funds it'd be the leica 1200 but tbh for 250 yds the extra money spent would not had proved an advantage.

i think i,ll wait untill after christmas and see if i have any money left in the pot, if i have i may try a cheap one. but if i can change the topic just a bit, johngalway talked about buying his rangefinder from the u.s.a. ive often wondered about doing the same but i dont know what the price limit is before you have to pay any tax, ok you buy at a price and pay p@p but are there any other charges?.

Remember I'm in Ireland, nothing I've ever ordered has been caught for tax. Touch wood. My RF measures to the nearest half yard or metre out to 100 yards/metres then one yard/metre units out past that.