Not what you want to wake up to @ 6 am

auto culto

woke up this morning to the sound of a very large crunch. Well what can i say at least it wasnt the landrover i,ve just restored. Some guy had decided to run straight up the **** of my old jalopy which was parked under a streetlight and 3 foot after a speed hump. Do you think the traffic calming measures work ?

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb83/au...icture48623.jpg

That's beyond T-Cut :P

Ah, it was french and it was rusting away anyway :lol:

Seriously though mate, I bet he was driving with frosted windows or wiping the window while driving as has been said, its a ****** mate. :lol:

Got up to some serious frost myself this morning, was not much fun running outside at 4.15am to start the car so it warmed up for me to get to work :rolleyes:

And about the car I have an old passat estate and its a cracker, worth next to nothing but trundles all day long and is bloody handy, so I understand if you mourn the loss :)

Have that up and about in no time. Bit of hammering, bit of T-Cut, bit of gaffer tape, it'll be fine. After all, the important stuff is at the other end!

Mind you, if you got the guy that did it, claim it was a collector's item/limited edition and try and get a shed-load more money off him.

yes its a 405 TD estate. I've owned it for 9 years now and she's clocked up 220.000. There's not a spot of rust anywhere (galvanised) and used to run on fresh air and pull anything you put behind her. What more could i have asked. Its was worth nothing but boy was it a good motor. I,ve now got the guys details so that will all get sorted shortly. I may even sell the land rover series 2a and pool the payout together and get a disco.

I may even sell the land rover series 2a and pool the payout together and get a disco.

No offence meant or anything, but you'll be lucky if your or his insurance company will payout for a car that old, at least thats what they'ld tell you in Ireland anyway, not woth fixing!

I will get the recovery fee and storeage charge for the vehicle and around £600 for a replacement vehicle of equal condition etc.