Defender 90 Parts etc

ShaggyRS6

Thanks to some help and advice from some guys of off PW and other outside of PW I have finally (tomorrow) purchased my Shooting Wagon. It's a G Reg defender 90 ragtop. v6 essex conversion,five speed manual box,3 inch lift,new tyres and brakes. All for much less than £2k.

A few things that I would like to do to it and perhaps some of you have advice before registering on a Landy Forum :good:

1. I want to paint it NATO green. hand painted of course. Suggs has advised me to sand it down a little and then apply paint. Where do I get the NATO green paint from?

2. I want to add chequering to the sills. What is the best online accesories shop for that kind of stuff?

3. The from drivers door has a small leak, the door seals need replacing. Is it worth it? Or is this a feature?

Can you guys think of anything else?

Cheers

You can pick up nato paint from Anchor supplies I think. Just google the name.

If you plan to plate the sills, why not have them off and fit rock sliders instead? They're not that expensive, but add a great deal of strength to the otherwise vunerable part of the vehicle.

If you don't like the door leaking, buy a jap vehicle. Buy yourself a decent coat :good:

1. I want to paint it NATO green. hand painted of course. Suggs has advised me to sand it down a little and then apply paint. Where do I get the NATO green paint from?

Good choice of truck - enjoy it

Take a look at Anchor supplies Anchor Supplies Paint but your local auto panels people should also be able to help you.

Buy a copy of LRO or LRM - tons of ads.

WF

You can pick up nato paint from Anchor supplies I think. Just google the name.

If you plan to plate the sills, why not have them off and fit rock sliders instead? They're not that expensive, but add a great deal of strength to the otherwise vunerable part of the vehicle.

If you don't like the door leaking, buy a jap vehicle. Buy yourself a decent coat :D

:good: and it's a 90 not a Defender Lee.

Welcome to the club BTW :D

LB

Thanks to some help and advice from some guys of off PW and other outside of PW I have finally (tomorrow) purchased my Shooting Wagon. It's a G Reg defender 90 ragtop. v6 essex conversion,five speed manual box,3 inch lift,new tyres and brakes. All for much less than £2k.

A few things that I would like to do to it and perhaps some of you have advice before registering on a Landy Forum :yes:

2. I want to add chequering to the sills. What is the best online accesories shop for that kind of stuff?

3. The from drivers door has a small leak, the door seals need replacing. Is it worth it? Or is this a feature?

Cheers

yes tow a fuel bowser :good::D:D

A few things that I would like to do to it and perhaps some of you have advice before registering on a Landy Forum :lol:

Cheers

Lee if you fit any chequering get the pre blacked stuff, i made the mistake and matt hammerited it but it still flakes off in places after power washing so go for the black stuff,the moon doesnt glint off it.

Also if you are going to do any serious lamping fit a switch to the brakelights, deactivate them on entering a field and you become untrackable to anyone watching you especially using ir sights.

Hope this helps/gets you thinking :lol:

:good: D2D