HSE

jimdfish

I had the HSE do a spot visit today.

I dont know why they cant come here every day.

Man it was fun. As the safety manager watching pepole who have more powers than the police scrutinise everything you do, or have done is just the most pleasurable experience available.

God bless 'em.

JDF

P.S the above post was done with a certain level of sarcasm. I dont know what level, just that I am certain of it.

Jim - I had some dealing with them in 1994, when a couple of lads fell out of an office window in Salford and were killed. I have to say that they were professional and a lot more understanding than most people would think. There are all sorts everywhere, some are poor, others are excellent. Just like life.

Dont get me wrong. they were very nice. Its just i had my heart set on a pack of crumpets and a cup of tea on arrival at work and was denied the crumpage by the inspectors. Also I have what I am beginning to suspect might be the first recorded incidence of bubonic plague or even cholera recorded in the UK for quite some times. The symptoms I am suffering are very similar and it has to be more than a mere cold. I thought I might have to fill in a RIDDOR report on myself. I still might.

No sympathy did I get though. Not a drop. Ne'er a thought was given to the fact that I might very soon expire and leave this mortal coil.

They are hard breed the inspectors of her majesty.

JDF

Health and safety has gone bananas. The risk assessments Mrs P. has to do to teach students is ridiculous, and as for my job, don't even go there :rolleyes:

My Old man is a health and safety consultant and makes a fortune, so I suppose some good comes from it. from what I can make out, it's all about covering your ****, (in a non ****** sort of way <_< ).

P.