Irish Staffordshier bull terriers

Anyone know anything about these dogs?????:lol:

I understand they are a seperate breed from normal staffy's...I also understand there is some stigma attached to them. I firend told me that alot of Irish Staffy's are imported Irish pitbulls with staffy papers, which themselves can fall foul of the angerous dog act. as they can be a pit varieity

I am no expert on bull breeds but someone has offered me a beautifull 18 month old 'blue' bitch with papers........and although I would gladly give her a home....Im not sure if I would be leaving my self wide open to critism.

can anyone give me some breed ino...or indeed confirm or dispell the above rumours???

thanks

Paul

Paul the rumours are right, this is exactly the way they get into the UK so personally i'd want confirmation that it wasn't any pit bull strain plus possibly blood tests done to confirm. Once you've gone to the cost of importing one its not a time you want to find yourself done under the dangerous dogs act.

Thanks Alex......I am starting to have reservations...now this particular dog in manchester..........so no worries about imports.....all so a freebie..so no worries there...

I am also told that even with papers...if the police even suspect that it looks 'Pitty'...they have the powers to confiscate and destroy under the DD act ......... Icertainly wouldnt want that to happen if we took her on as pet..

Again......man cocks up...and the animal suffers :lol:

It transpires that there is a recognised ISTB which are very similar in looks then ESBT....only abit leggier...so I now await the photos and papers and shall give is serious thought.

Personally I only wanted to give the girl a home as shes got not where else to go.......but have plenty of dogs already.

I'm just a sucker for a sob story!!!!!! but in this case My head will certainly have to rule my heart!!

thanks

chap

more leggy can be the sign that you don't want to see. It always used to be the case that if the police suspected then they would confiscate and get an "expert" opinion and it would be the expert that would stand up in court and say it was "pit bull type" Now I think you can have blood tests but obviously everything costs.

my dad used to be the expert vet in herts so if you have pics etc I could pass them onto him and get an opinion, but I think you're doing the right thing by not going near it. The provenance is enough to ring alarm bells and will do if the police ever get involved whether due to an incident or through being tipped off by your neighbours