Big Cats in the british countryside

salisburykeeper

How many of us have been out in the field and seen tracks?Near a dead sheep or a run through a hedge or along the side of a wood?....My bet is lots of us.How come when its a big cat it only leaves 1 print?Are there just 1 legged big cats in the uk,do they hop everywhere?Everytime i see fox prints or deer slots there is always a few of them.

The supposed creditable people coming out with things like "If the government doesnt act soon,we are going to be over run with them"in my opinion is the exact reason he is not a creditable person,and like i said in another post mr Danny Nineham who is by all accounts one of the top experts on big cats in the uk was desribed by 2 canadian proffesional trappers of big cats as a bit of a nutter and none of his so called evidence pointed to the existance of big cats in the uk.

There is nothing wrong with fantasising and dreaming as long as you can realise the difference from your fantasys and reality,i think mr nineham and some others have lost touch with that distinction and nothing anybody says is going to change that.Rgardless of the facts...they believe so it is real..

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not ridiculed you, you are saying that we have breeding populations dating back to 76, i'm saying any out there if there are any haven't been there long and with a bit of research other than wikipedia and the pro big cat site you can find the source of most of the examples or dismiss them altogether.

Your expert who has been dead for 6 years is not really evidence of big cats in the wild today,

As you seem to agree there are big cats, even if they have been released. If these are survivors of the 1976 releases they are either very long lived or are breeding. I hardly think police own websites and BBC ones can be dismissed as Wikipedia rubbish

I've not ridiculed you, you are saying that we have breeding populations dating back to 76, i'm saying any out there if there are any haven't been there long and with a bit of research other than wikipedia and the pro big cat site you can find the source of most of the examples or dismiss them altogether.

Your expert who has been dead for 6 years is not really evidence of big cats in the wild today,

As you seem to agree there are big cats, even if they have been released. If these are survivors of the 1976 releases they are either very long lived or are breeding. I hardly think police own websites and BBC ones can be dismissed as Wikipedia rubbish.

The expert who unfortunately died 6 years ago, that's not a long time in the great scheme of things and I think it fair to say that if there were cats 6 years ago than there will be today, as you say, nobody has shot, captured or even found a corpse of one

what form of evidence and what kind of cat. if you're talking pumas and have a body then I might class that as good evidence

Any kind of non indiginous cat, and any irrefutable evidence, for instance, filmed on a police operated cctv system, not just a corpse

On June 9, 2004, the Gazette & Herald based in North Yorkshire ran a story about a big cat that was knocked down and killed close to RAF Fylindales.

The following is what I have managed to find out about the incident from extensive investigations.

The man who witnessed the incident works for a pharmaceutical company, which delivers drugs to local Veterinary clinics in the area.

After he had witnessing the event, he called into a Veterinary clinic in Stanford Bridge.

He explained to the vet what he saw.

As he was approaching RAF Fylingdales on the North Yorkshire Moors, we saw a police vehicle parked next to a farmer's tractor. In the farmers bucket at the front of the tractor was a large sandy coloured cat of the Puma variety. As he slowed down to a halt next to the vehicles to get a better look, he saw the police loading the cat into the back of their vehicle. At that moment, a police officer walked over to him. The officer told him to keep his mouth shut, as they do not want to alarm the public. With that, the driver carried on to Stanford Bridge.

I have made extensive investigations in to this incident. Most of which have drawn a blank.

The DEFRA laboratory near York has denied any knowledge of receiving the body of the cat. If the cat had been killed, it would seem that the most logical cause of action would be to take the body there, but if I am to believe DEFRA, then the body must be somewhere else.

The firm that employed the driver will not release his name or his whereabouts. He has told his employers that he does not want to talk about the incident.

In my experience, when one sees something like this, you naturally want to talk about it. Why else would he have told the Vet?

I would have to say that the police have silenced this person. The question is which force? Was it North Yorkshire police or RAF Fylindales police? The latter being the M.O.D police. The North Yorkshire constabulary have denied all knowledge. In fact, it was said that the area commander for North Yorkshire got rather aggressive with a reporter from the Ryedale express when questioned about their involvement. The M.O.D. police have also denied all knowledge. In fact, the Inspector at Fylindales asked me to report back if I discovered any relevant information.

I was soon to realise that it must have been the M.O.D. police who were involved.

I paid a visit to Fylindales a few weeks after the incident. The police at the gatehouse told me that it was a bus that had knocked down the cat. How do they know this if they were not involved? I would say that if a large cat was killed close to RAF Fylindales, then it would be the M.O.D. who would be the first to respond.

The question is, why have they covered it up?

and a link to yet more photos

http://www.bigcatmonitors.co.uk/evidence.htm

I would love to see the so called "evidence" and "proof" hold up in a court of law. You would be laughed at. Just like ufo's and aliens. Plenty of people claim to have seen them, have photographs, video footage, tracks etc etc. But none of this is hard evidence, none of it can be backed up. Even the "proof" already offered is flawed beyond belief. The one thing I find impossible to believe is a "cover up" by police or any other organisation. Exactly why would they do that? Utter madness to believe in some kind of conspiracy theory for an animal. This kind of thinking is probably why us realists think this is all crazy. With such a small country and so many people roaming our countryside, how come you still can't show any definite undisputable evidence? I have looked at every link that has been provided and most have been shot down in flames. Isn't it time to get real?

Edited by shootingwidow

Guest rabgoat

A fella was telling me last week,a father and son stayed behind after a pheasent shoot too decoy and shoot some crows,,the son went to lift a shot bird and was taken too long and the father shouted to him hurry up what was he doing,,the son shouted to the da to come quick and they both seen a big cat,big long tail,,,,,,,co.down newcastle direction

I would love to see the so called "evidence" and "proof" hold up in a court of law. You would be laughed at.

Well I find it funny then how people can and have prosecuted on CCTV evidence alone, it is either valid as a point of law or not, not just when it suits

I would love to see the so called "evidence" and "proof" hold up in a court of law. You would be laughed at. Just like ufo's and aliens. Plenty of people claim to have seen them, have photographs, video footage, tracks etc etc. But none of this is hard evidence, none of it can be backed up. Even the "proof" already offered is flawed beyond belief. The one thing I find impossible to believe is a "cover up" by police or any other organisation. Exactly why would they do that? Utter madness to believe in some kind of conspiracy theory for an animal. This kind of thinking is probably why us realists think this is all crazy. With such a small country and so many people roaming our countryside, how come you still can't show any definite undisputable evidence? I have looked at every link that has been provided and most have been shot down in flames. Isn't it time to get real?

wow not at all controversial for only your 3rd post, or is it? where is your proof that ALL the evidence in ALL the links has been shot down in flames you must have been very busy to review all those and by whom was it shot down and what are their qualifications to be doing the shooting or are you another one of these luddites who will believe anything and everything as long as it coincides with your opinion but woe betide if it differs then you will bandy insults like crank and drunkard

I find it amusing that it is only the naysayers who are hurling insults around

I repeat again my offer of a wager with a time limit set between us that hard evidence is produced for the existence of big cats in the UK, Im prepared to put my money where my mouth is, Are you?

Now there's a bet for all you none believers.......any takers ?

A fella was telling me last week,a father and son stayed behind after a pheasent shoot too decoy and shoot some crows,,the son went to lift a shot bird and was taken too long and the father shouted to him hurry up what was he doing,,the son shouted to the da to come quick and they both seen a big cat,big long tail,,,,,,,co.down newcastle direction

Rabgoat, do you mean Co Durham, near Newcastle Upon Tyne ??

BJ.

I repeat again my offer of a wager with a time limit set between us that hard evidence is produced for the existence of big cats in the UK, Im prepared to put my money where my mouth is, Are you?

If you are so confident place your bet on betfair and see how many takers you get!!

Guest rabgoat

Rabgoat, do you mean Co Durham, near Newcastle Upon Tyne ??

BJ.

Newcastle Co.Down N.Ireland,,,BJ :blink:

If you are so confident place your bet on betfair and see how many takers you get!!

I am not interested in betfair, you and Al4x were the ones pouring scorn and ridicule on me so I decided to call your bluff. It would appear that your bluster is just that and you haven't the courage of your convictions to back up your bar room rhetoric with your hard cash. My wager is with you now, seeing as al4x has admitted he believes in big cats in the british countryside so stop trying to wheedle out of it and either put up or shut up

I am not interested in betfair, you and Al4x were the ones pouring scorn and ridicule on me so I decided to call your bluff. It would appear that your bluster is just that and you haven't the courage of your convictions to back up your bar room rhetoric with your hard cash. My wager is with you now, seeing as al4x has admitted he believes in big cats in the british countryside so stop trying to wheedle out of it and either put up or shut up

Who would deem the bet won or lost?as your idea of proof is a mile away from my idea and most normal peoples idea of proof( ie its a government,police,mod,defra,basc cover up,but it did happen cos its on the internet)If its placed on betfair it would all be above board and adjudicated by them.You are the one full of hot air running around screaming "big cat" "big cat"and the onus of proof is on you not me,as it stands they dont exist,FACT.And until REAL proof is provided to the contrary that fact will remain a fact.

On the other hand if i get mugged tonight by a lion wearing a hoodie i will of course apologise and say"you werent a nutter and you were right"until then as it stands factually speaking there are no tigers,lions,cheetas,panthers etc in the wild in the uk and anyone that says they have seen a black puma is a liar.