Gun cabinets again!!!

fishybarney

Right i'm about to fit my cabinet to a exterior wall in my bedroom, but there is a skirting on the floor do i need to chisel this away so the cabinet fits flush to the wall.

Also i've got some M10 X 70mm Coach bolts will they do for fitting it or do i need something a bit more beefy. :blink:

(Tony over to you, :good::lol: )

Guest The Outlaw
Right i'm about to fit my cabinet to a exterior wall in my bedroom, but there is a skirting on the floor do i need to chisel this away so the cabinet fits flush to the wall.

Also i've got some M10 X 70mm Coach bolts will they do for fitting it or do i need something a bit more beefy. :blink:

(Tony over to you, :good::lol: )

Thats the way to do it :lol: spot on for fixings and yes chop out all the skirting, but try to get the cabinet in a corner with the hinge out and the lock side tight in, if that makes sense. This will prevent the lock side from being pryed open easily.

If you have them use floor fixings if there are holes for them as the FEO likes to see all fixing points used where possible.

Tony

Edited by The Outlaw

Guest The Outlaw
No need to cut your skirting board, stick it on top, mine passed, I will give £1000 to anyone who can remove it!

PM your address and I will take your £K and your safe :blink:

If you want it to look good cut the skirting out, if like me you move the safe at a later date you just stick it back on and fill it and touch up the paint.

Tony

Guest The Outlaw

There could be a niche in the market here for safe makers, fabricate a recess in the lower part of it to allow for fitting with out the need for cutting the skirting board :blink:

As I store my guns barrel down it wont effect the storage capacity of the safe.

Tony

Guest The Outlaw
Myuserid

You may wish to reconsider your challenge------------------------------------------------after you have seen the size of my son, and the size of some of the crowbars that we use to move heavy machinery.

webber

Thanks for backing me up Dad :blink:

Tony

If someone wants it, they will take it. Simple as that! A grand is a pretty good incentive. I used M8 bolts on mine (that is what the cabinet instruction suggested). M10 or M12 would have not made it any harder to steal IMHO. A chain is only good as its weakest link and a serious thief will always look for the weakest link and attack that.

Had mine built special.

Six gun cabinate and all for the price of the locks

and a small money safe in the top.

Flo said it was the best cabinate he had seen in 9 years

doing the Job. Cost £50 for locks and safe.

About 20 hours to buils and all the steel. cost my firm

about £300.

Nice....

taz.