Anschutz 1517

Anyone else have one of these rifles (see sig url)?

I had a little trouble with CCI Hollow Point ammo.

If i loaded all 4 into the magazine, the tip of the first 2 rounds would catch the breech and would not go into the barrel....

I have found that if you push the magazine up that extra 1/4mil whilst closing the bolt, the hollow points will go straight in.

Its fine with BTails ammo, just the hollow points.

well pleased with the accuracy on this baby :angry:

If i loaded all 4 into the magazine, the tip of the first 2 rounds would catch the breech and would not go into the barrel....

I have found that if you push the magazine up that extra 1/4mil whilst closing the bolt, the hollow points will go straight in.

well pleased with the accuracy on this baby :good:

Yes I have one but not experienced any problems with the mag or breach, I feed mine Remington, so accurate its unbelievable .

I have one with a thumb hole stock, so does Dead-Eyed- Duck. We both had the same problem as yourself.

I returned all of my .17HMR ammo to the shop. He was happy to have iot as he had none. I now stick to the ballistic tipped bullets, which load and cycle fine, and kill bunnies deader than a dead thing.

webber

Bought mine the same time as Webber, and hollow points were a waste of time, with persistent loading problems.

I was also not too happy with the lack of fragmentation - some rounds went straight through a bunnies head.

Stick to ballistic tips and you will be more than delighted. I get 0.5" groups on a good day up to 0.75" when it's not (that's with no wind)

Don

Don

I had a similar problem with my annie in .22 rather than .17hmr, the metal tang at the rear of the mag slot was not exerting enough tension to the mag, a small pair of pliers and a quick bend forward did the trick just nice, might be the same with the .17.

Rather than hold the mag up try putting a bit of pressure on the bottom of the mag pushing forward, if this does the trick then adjust the tang.

well pleased with the accuracy on this baby :lol:

Yes I have one but not experienced any problems with the mag or breach, I feed mine Remington, so accurate its unbelievable .

I don't believe it :blush: