200 tdi engines

dodeer

I have the chance to buy a L/R discovery 3 door H reg for £2600 in vgc. It has a 200 tdi engine but has done 197,000 miles.

Is this sort of mileage ok on these engines or would you expect this to pack up soon?

Any comments or views on the discovery is very welcome.

thanks

It isn't just the engine thats done all those miles.Gear box,axles etc.I bought a hilux 4x4 had 245,000 miles on the clock, i had it 3 monthes 2 of those it was in the garage.The engine was great,every thing else that could go wrong DID.Prop shaft,half shaft startermotor,plus a lot of other things.When i brought it i thought i had a bargain when i added up what it cost me it wasn't so much of a bargain.If you look around there are some good deals to be had :)

Thats not a good price for a h reg

I sold my G-red disco for £1200 with 180 on the clock. and 12 months mot

They will last more, it depends on oil changes and how frequent they have been in the past, I do mine every 4-5k

On a h-reg the gearbox is prolly an lt77 (can tell if reverse is to the left of first) and they are ****, but as long as there are no major clonks should be ok.

I wouldnt pay that price for it though. Get a rangy for £600 and drive it to the ground :) How many £600's in £2.5k

Kyle

Its overpriced even if its got FSH. Mileage not a problem but I would never buy one with mileage like this without seeing it pass an emmisions test. BTW they all have driveline 'clonk' after 70K+ unless owned by a 90 y/o member of the womens institute. :lol::lol::lol:

LB owner of 200 TDI, 300 TDI Discoveries and 200TDI Defender 90. :)

No, not a member of WI

:) Hi Sam f i got a disco 300tdi 5 door back in feb it's a M reg got 115,000 on clock paid £5995. very good contion im second owner from new with full service history but sins iv'e had it ,it has had a new transmition box cost £750 garage paid for that then i had a core plug go that was easy to do cost about £15 to replace but i love it won't go back it a car now, just make sure you take it for a test drive before you buy don't rush. :lol:

Ive made my views well known about Land Rovers else where on this forum.

I was a loyal long serving LR customer, no more, and never again.

If you want an expensive hobby and like messing with vehicles and tools, fine, youll get plenty of practice. If you want a reliable vehicle, forget it!!!!!

I would not buy another LR, any condition, any price.

If you want the full tale of woe, ask. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about the cash that was wasted.

I went Mitsubishi, and have not regretted it. Parts when required are expensive, but not much has gone wrong.

The Isuzu Trooper is ok, and not so popular, as is the Suzuki Vitara.

webber