Anyone NOT use a car

death from below

Train isn't the only way - lift share, bus, cycle or combination of those. :unsure: Like the idea of 125cc bike though too, have looked into myself, great for the lanes!

Its a long way to work mate and at 5am there are no busses to get me to work on time.

The bike option is growing on me - can I get one with 2 sidecars for the kids?

:good:

Motorists holding a full driving licence issued before February 2001 don't need the CBT

There you go, jog out and buy a 125cc bike or moped, insure it and ride!

If your more into race bikes an aprilia rs125 or and old yammy tsr will top at at 110 mph although your better off at sticking to 80-90 unless you like rebuilding stroker engines.

Have a look on essexbikers.co.uk, We're a good bunch on there and ride all sorts of bikes of different size's, there's normally a meet on Wednesday nights in the at the White Hart in Billerdicky.

Anybody else hearing the "wah wah wahh wahhh wahhhhh" from Any Which Way when the Black Widows ride in.

We have 2 cars and even though we always walk down 'the village' for any local stuff, and get the train for nights out and returns from long walks, we honestly coudn't do with just one.

One of our cars is broken at the moment, and we have had to borrow a spare :unsure:

I don't have a bike and have no intention of getting one, but since we got the extra channels on the telly I spend/waste hours watching people buying things like this - and part of would realy like one (and not to feed a mid life crisis, I did that years ago!) I think it is the mechanical simplicity . .

madMax4.jpg

I have had numerous bikes over the years and have had a licence for 20 yrs......but the missus is certain that I will kill myself if I get another bike(sad thing is I'm worth a fair bit dead with the job insurances and life policies).

We are going to carry out an experiment and not use the car for a couple of weeks to see how we get on......the only real prob is getting to my shooting and taking the ids to the ball park......I will se how we get on.

PLEASE NO MORE GAY MOTOR BIKE PICTURES........HOW ABOUT SOME PICCIES OF POWEFUL JAP **** FLYING MACHINES SUCH AS AN R1 OR GSR THOU :unsure:

You could try what I am hoping to do in the next few months, buy a small diesel and make your own Biodiesel, you can get all steel 100 ltr processor for about £850.00 inc (or make one) and even if you can't get your local chippy to give you the oil you can buy it from dealers for about 20pp ltr, the finished bio will work out about 40pp ltr, oh and the first 2500 lts you make per year is tax free :unsure: not many will used more than that a year for non work milage..

i am not doing it to save the planet nor am I on any green crusade but becuse I am fed up payint 108.00 + for fuel.. (unless its for my zx9 that will still be fed on the best lead free, well you have to have one endulgence :good: )

Just a thought

You could try what I am hoping to do in the next few months, buy a small diesel

A neighbour of mine has a Citreon C1 diesel, reckons she gets 90+mpg on her 20mile commute! :good: Look pretty cool as a girl's car too! :unsure:

Edited by Oly

I was thinking of an old fiesta, clio or similar for my wife to use on the school run (8mile round trip) and as a general run around, and get a diesel 4x4 to replace my old LWB vitara, not sure what yet..

Edited by Red 9R

OOo get her.

1200 cc's and an exhaust note to make the hair stand up on the back of your neck.

We ought to settle this at the traffic lights :lol:

Besides, the bike is being de-gayed as I type :lol: . When's yours being done?

ooooooh listen to her, at least mine gets me from A to B and mummy don't mind me riding it :huh::mad::lol:

Get yourself a month of riding a bike before putting me down, newbie :lol:

Edited by jerico

Ooooh she's off again, at least mine is a grown up's bike, I had a 125cc when I was 17.

And 18 years later your still not allowed one :mad:

Are you allowed on a Motorway with that?

A bike must be at least 50cc to go on the motorway, 125 is a biger number than 50 :huh:

P.S. Love the signature - they say confession is good for the soul.

Glad you agree :lol:

Forget traffic lights, the big boys play filter tag!

Edited by jerico

... and get a diesel 4x4 to replace my old LWB vitara, not sure what yet..

You should consider the Diahatsu Terios, I've seen them cope with water up to their windscreen in Iceland, plus the 1.3 Toyota VVTi engine is bullet proof and will get you ~45mpg, which is better than most diesel 4x4s. :huh: