First roost shoot of the year

anser2

What was the roost shooting like in your area yesterday. In my area ( North Norfolk ) it was very poor with 14 birds in the bag and less than 100 birds seen. Usually on the first Feb roost shoot we see huge flocks of pigeons banding togeather as they are pushed from wood to wood. But not this year. I have spoken to several others in Norfolk and Suffolk and all have the same story. We had loads of pigeons feeding on the rape until 3 weeks ago , since when the majority of birds seem to have moved on.

Through out the shooting season we have watched a flock of around 500 woodies around our woods.

We also did our first Grey Squirrel and roost shoot yesterday. It looks like our new keeper has been keeping on top of the greys, so we only managed 1. We have however spotted several other dreys requiring attention, and still have 2 other woods to investigate.

We had 7 guns out on our pigeon shoot, and several guns active on neighbouring shoots. Sadly the large flock that we had watched all season seems to have evaporated down to around 100 birds. Our team effort on pigeon resulted in around 25 shot.

webber

I'm supporting the PW National Day for Woodpigeon & Grey Squirrel on 9th. February; are you?

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...ic=49512&hl

What was the roost shooting like in your area yesterday. In my area ( North Norfolk ) it was very poor with 14 birds in the bag and less than 100 birds seen. Usually on the first Feb roost shoot we see huge flocks of pigeons banding togeather as they are pushed from wood to wood. But not this year. I have spoken to several others in Norfolk and Suffolk and all have the same story. We had loads of pigeons feeding on the rape until 3 weeks ago , since when the majority of birds seem to have moved on.

I had 22 yesterday, my mate down the other end of the wood had 5.

Yes Saturday night here was very calm, lots of locals out in the woods (cause that's what we do up here in February) but they were totally wasting their time in most cases. Sunday was a different matter altogether but then they were all tucked up at home with the family :good: Some people never learn!

Hi All,

My first post. Love the forum, lots of great tips.

The wife and I had 10 woodies on Sunday - it was blowing a gale and they kept coming in - shame neither of us could shoot for **** otherwise we would have had a few more. ;)

Off to the rape field on Saturday with my young apprentice so here's hoping.

cheers, Jon.

Hi All,

My first post. Love the forum, lots of great tips.

The wife and I had 10 woodies on Sunday - it was blowing a gale and they kept coming in - shame neither of us could shoot for **** otherwise we would have had a few more. :lol:

Off to the rape field on Saturday with my young apprentice so here's hoping.

cheers, Jon.

Hi Jonny! :lol:

:lol: to PW. :good:

Nice to see some more people from round here online. :good:

I went out after clay shooting on Sunday with a guy from my clay shoot. We got a dozen but I also had severe aiming issues. :lol::lol:

FM :good: