Need Help Choosing

XTortion112

Hi, im brand new to Air-rifles and was wandering if you guys had any good suggestions on starter spring guns, my friend recommended the BAS X L tactical and just thought i'd get a second opinion from the experts. I am British and looking to spend no more than 300 pounds on a rifle.

Thanks guys

tom

Welcome to the forum mate :lol::lol:

The BSA Lightning is an excellant starter rifle :lol: the xl tactical you mentioned is pretty much the same, but in a black 'all weather' synthetic stock. You should be able to pick one up new and get a decent scope aswell for 300 notes.

Alternatives are:

Weihrauch HW95 - german made, last a lifetime, top quality build and accurate although heavy and a bit more expensive.

Air Arms TX200 - British made, excellant quality, also heavy and similar in price to the HW95.

You can also pick up decent second hand rifles very reasonably and with 300 in your budget, you should be able to get yourself a cracking 1st rig mate :blush:

If you let us know what you intend to use it for, ie hunting, targets etc then you should get a bit more advice also.

Phew, finally a forum that gives understanable answers, Thanks dude :lol:. I will be using the rifle to kill small pest/vermin e.g grey squirrel.

I know this sounds like 'i cant be bothered' kind of mood, but a rifle that is ready to fire with scope would be great because ive been reading other forums and posts and the complicity of maintaining these and fixing them if they go wrong seems very off putting.

thanks

tom