Decoying with 'The Magnet'

sternyboy

Hello mate. I have just started using a magnet myself but have only used it at the front of the pattern approx 10m from the nearest bird. It seems to work very well and birds land in the pattern with confidence someo say it prevents birds from landing using a magnet but at the front of the pattern it doesn't for me! :lol:

Good luck

Si

Different days different placings, i normaly start with mine towards the back of the pattern and to one side , some say at the head of the pattern in front emulates birds taking off, at the back birds landing, it pays to experiment as to where , i know i move mine around and it has been in places where logic says it shouldnt be and worked well, even out in the field 50 yards from the pattern when impractical to get close to their flight line. If its placed on the far edge of the pattern when birds are reluctant to decoy i have noticed they will come to the magnet but stay far enough away from it and skirt the pattern out of range , so moveing it to the inner edge with space around it can sometimes make the curious non interested bird to decy draw within range as it passes, but that said like all pigeon decoying there is no hard and fast rule just have to play on the day .

Does that mean I really have to splash out and get one of these magnets :lol::good:

Not at all mate, mine is an old wiper motor on a pole with arms on top to attach pigeons to. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll get a pic and post it

sternyboy,

that would be great if you could?:angry:? maybe also a plan thing/guide/instructions :lol:?? If its not asked too much mate !!!! :good::lol::lol::lol:

Does that mean I really have to splash out and get one of these magnets :lol::good:

Not at all mate, mine is an old wiper motor on a pole with arms on top to attach pigeons to. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll get a pic and post it

sternyboy,

that would be great if you could?:angry:? maybe also a plan thing/guide/instructions :lol:?? If its not asked too much mate !!!! :good::lol::lol::lol:

I'll do it at the weekend when I have more time, the only problem is I don't know how to upload pics on this site :lol: