Steve being tight!

Deako

I was'nt even going to respond to such an unprovoked attack on my good name, especially as I'm quite able to abuse myself while at home ..... errr..... anyway.

I will look into getting connected shortly, I'm still looking for the jemmy bar I use to open my wallet!   :laugh:  :laugh:

Well!Well!.........Self Abuse eh!...........One of my favorite subjects.....I have a Masters in it!.........I'm not sure whether I can extend my knowledge to abusing others in the same way that I can joyfully {& very quickly, may I add} abuse myself. :laugh:  :laugh: Deako,I'll pass the email onto Steve,that you sent me offering to pay for Steve's ASDL home connection for a special price of ONLY £30 per month. I'm sure he'll be chuffed!  :laugh:  :D

Is it best to pay a monthly fixed connection cost or just pay as you go??  I know it depends on your usage of the net, but at what point does it work out cheaper to pay a fixed charge, ie 2 hrs a night, 3 hrs a night?

£30 a month seems reasonable Deako - NOT!   :D

A tip from another tight fisted ******* I know is, if you phone bill is more than 15 quid a month you get your internet connection unlimited free. Problem is you have to register online with a company called NTL World. All you phone calles go through them at a reduced rate and as I said if you bill is more than £15 then internet is free if not then you pay them £15 for the privilige of the Internet use. Which isn't bad when you think about it as it is a way of saving both ways :D

Or you could have a look at the BT site....www.btinternet.com........& see what packages they have...........I settled for the £15 a month for 24/7 use. But I used to be on weekends & evenings only & that was a little cheaper. Freeserve also have one thats very similar.  Whatever you chose it's stll gonna cost though, unless you take up Deako's offer that is!! :laugh:

Freeserve Anytime 12.99 per month 24/7/52.

It pays to get a seperate BT phone line though or you tie up your telephone.

Alternatively there is Freeserve Broadband 29.99 per month 24/7/52 and it doesn,t interfere with your telephone usage and it gives you faster connections and downloads.

At £1 per day, thats quite cheap entertainment.

Right guys I need urgent help (I know that's pretty obvious).  I've blagged a 56k modem free from work, Lazza is posting me some extra memory cards (bloody decent bloke), and I'm looking to get online tonight!  What is the best free internet access provider - the ones where you just pay while you're online??

Even if I do say so myself, I am a master at being tight!!  :laugh:

It's OK chaps, I've copied Yahoo! Online from the net here in work so I can install that when I go home.  

Deako mate, your campaign has been successful and I look forward to slagging you soon in the chatroom!  :laugh:  (Just as soon as I figure out how to tap into the neighbours phone line....... :D ).