First Kill With My Scout

SidneyG

I'll stick up for browning here, and glad its been said in a proper way. I don't have any problem of pictures of shot quarry but some are best left un posted. I've shot rabbits with a .243 under the same circumstances but haven't posted pics of whats left. Dead is dead so it doesn't matter to the animal but its not really something to show to all.

On a side not glad its shooting well and glad to see a reasoned argument on here rather than just bickering :good:

what was wrong with the pic?

It only showed a bit of guts. Im sure people have seen worse like Roadkills.

Are these the types of pics we are supposed to be showing now. Without offending anyone

beatrix-potter-peter-rabbit.jpg

:good: That's disgusting, no trousers!! This is offensive and should be removed immediatly. :lol:

Is it not a bit expensive shooting rabbits with a .223?

Maybe - but fun when you do it at 300 yrds

And surely this is what it is all about? Why we shoot? COS IT'S FUN!! S'truth, all this bickering, get out and do some, this thread is getting more like The Shooting Times letters pages with Colonel Blimp tut-tutting about seeing Over and Unders on the grouse moor.

No slapping of anything meant by my post Sidney, (That's the mods job, not ours) and I apologise to you if it seemed that way.

What I was trying to get over was the point that this is a public forum that can be viewed by the anti brigade and

the law.

We, as law abiding responsible gun owners, need to be seen as such, and it's my opinion that gory photos can only

help to fuel the anti machine.

Browning I definitely agree with you on one level but after a good think about it my opinion goes as follows

Well the thing is, if the average Joe saw more of these pictures maybe they would come to view them similar to us.

I think not posting these pictures is actually counter productive

If the antis want a picture of a rabbit shot with a centerfire rifle they'll just go out and shoot one to takes pictures of

No point in us hiding the truth, its that type of activity that gets you in trouble.

I suppose Sydney was just trying to show the damage his new rifle can cause, which you cant blame him for, and he seems a like a gun with ethics on his sport. I take my hat off to you for that. :/

Then there’s Browning who has probably seen so many pics of rabbits hit with a centre fire it was one too many on the day.

Try your best to be humane and no one can complain! :hmm: