price of stuff

c.mosley

newbie to pigeon shooting (so any info would be great)

i know roughly what i need to start.............but the price of the stuff !......... ;)

£50 for 4 hide poles ?............

£30 for camo net....................

any one got any cost cutting methods that will get me started untill i will lottery?

(i will remember my friends when i win !) :yp:

CM

Have you read any of the posts that were posted For your attention on the tips and tricks. If you had you would see there is no reason to pay thirty quid for a hide and extendable clothes props with the ends knocked into a point will suffice and are only two quid.

JimDfish

i think the camo net is a must though......................

having said that...............how good is the eye sight of a pigeon?

how far do you need to go?

i bet there is nothing worse than spendind a long day just getting bit by gnats.....................and not even seeing a pigeon?

If you want action that's nailed on ... Fork out for a days driven shooting . If you want to spend you time thinking .... What have i done wrong .... This worked last time .... This field was covered yesterday . Blah blah blah . Welcome to the world of the best sporting shot in the land . The PIGEON ( in my beer and cigar stained eyes )

For the cheap way to do it , get yourself some deeks , set em out on a flightline , shove yourself well in the hedge back ,pull the cleavers and a few branch's over ye sen . An then start to learn .... You'll soon find out ... WHAT WORKS FOR YOU !

all the best yis yp :yp:

I made 4 poles, 600 yards of camo and a pump-action shotgun out of some sticky back plastic, Fairy liquid bottle and a cornflakes box.

No, seriously.

LB ;)

PS. still working on the decoys. Waiting for my mum to use up her sewing cotton so I can have the reels. Will keep you all posted :yp:

CM,

Like the yorkshire pudding said....."great name YP" to start all you need is some decoys and a gun, if you want more as you go along I would scan ebay for bargins coz you will find most things you need on there.

For equipment that you really want then contact deako, CM what gun do you have?

Good luck on the bargin hunt.

The PM