great day until we got back to the car

Crouch valley

Hi there i had a great day pigeon shooting on rape yesterday i have never seen pigeons so hell bent on coming in while shooting over rape. We shot 84 pigeons and 1 fox that ran in to pick a pigeon up that we had just shot. Has any body else ever seen that? We should have had a lot more but we missed quite a few but what a great day we had until we got back to the landrover only to find some do gooding anti had scratched the back door and slashed a tyre what an end to the day. :good:

Haven't had any damage to my motor (yet), but I do try to park somewhere either open or near a house/building. I have been shouted and screamed at by a deranged anti on a couple of occassions. A mother in one instance, and her daughter in another!

On the other item, I shot a pigeon a few years back, a fox that must have been laying in long grass nearby, saw it fall and got to it as it hit the ground, just in time for the second barrel. Dam shame, but there you go...... :blink:

Just sums them up really. To scared to come over and say anything so resort to criminal damage. :blink:

What sort of area was it in? Were you near to houses or in the middle of no where. It's just if your near to houses then there is a chance of it happening again and it may be worth having someone hanging back to 'deal' with the scumbag.

FM :good:

Hi there im new to pigeon watch and that was my first letter its a shame it had a nasty ending but thanks for all your advice. its just a shame that i have shot over this land for the last twenty years and this is the first trouble i have ever had. I believe the culprit is a chap who has just moved into this area from the city as he walked over to us to see what we was up to and if we would go as he said it was scaring his wife's hand bag dog although we were about a good 3 fields away from his house. He told me that he had phoned the police but later when i got home and phoned the police my self to report the damage i told the police that and they looked into it and he had done no such thing. The other thing was i had the car in the same field as i was shooting in and i could see it so he did not take to long to do the damage. this is the trouble we have when townies move into the country side and try to tell us how to live when they don't get what they want they revert to violence or criminal damage but as im a big lad i think he reverted to the criminal damage shame i did not see him. :blink: