help please

rascal_2005

hi every 1.

still looking for a pcp. i would like some feed back.

im not going to looking to buy yet (only because i havent got the money yet lol), i have been looking at the theoben rapid's,

does anyone know wht there like for hunting? also what is the differnts between (i think there caled) MK'S?

id like to know what the weights,size etc......

i would have to get one second hand as they are quite expesive to buy new, what sort of price would i be looking at for the gun only and a new/secondhand charging kit?

i think these rifles are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks guys

john boy

:hmm: I have a rapid mark 1, all you will ever need. they are deadly accurate, you get huge shot numbers from one charge, and they are freat at 12ft/lbs for bunnies. You will only get rid of it if you go Fac, but then you can have them upgraded. Why waste your money experimanting with cheaper guns when you can go straight for a top gun that will last? :hmm:

Why waste your money experimanting with cheaper guns when you can go straight for a top gun that will last? :hmm:

:hmm: Which is why you should have a look at the Daystate's range of British Guns. The Theobans IMHO are muzzle heavy, which makes for uncomfortable arms when stalking quarry. Nothing wrong with what they do as with all guns you point, pull trigger and pellet comes out (Hopefully on target if you are good enough).

Daystate, Never had a problem with them I have the X2 in Thumbhole stock, 10 shot Mag, charge bottle holds enough pressure for 70 shots, more than enough for a trip out before having to recharge. Consistent grouping, ft/lb ratings and their British unlike a lot of the other PCP's.

Give them a look before you buy anything else, you won't be disappointed.

SS

Another vote for the mk1 rapid. Ive previously owned 2 and never had a single problem with either. Absolutely cracking guns imo. No need to worry about it being unregulated unless your a hft shooter and they make excellent fac rifles.

Its just my opinion but i have also previously owned an unregulated daystate x2 synthetic which although a good rabbit gun i found it to be too long and the magazine was a source of irritation as it often failed to index properly loved the synth stock though, my shooting buddy owned a Mk3 daystate and had the same problem with his magazine. no such problems with the mags on my rapid.

Must admit never had a problem with the indexing of the 10 shot mag on mine, but then again with each gun being individually manufactured and tuned, theirs bound to be some minor flaws somwhere. The only problem I have ever had with mine was the factory fitted suppressor was mis threaded to recieve a silencer resulting in pellets being shaved as they tried to exit the muzzle. Took it back to the Shop and they phoned Daystate who immediately sent a replacement, arrived in 2 days free of charge, re-fitted and now works a treat and has done for the last three years.

X2 Walnut Thumbhole stock, Deben tactical lamp atop of Scope, carbon fibre silencer. It deffo has the looks.

SS :rolleyes:

hello there matey,, you cant go wrong with the BSA SUPER TEN if you look at all the other rifles in its class its the best value for money and in my opinion the best too ive fired daystates airwolf and it really is something special but so is the super ten and you could buy 2 of them for the price of an daystate and it dosnt need battarys.... dont do what alot of people do [me included] and get an ok rifle just to end up getting something better a few months to a year down the line just start with a good one and it will last a life time as long as you take care of it....

At the end of the day its going to boil down to what you want and like but if you get the chance to try before you buy i know you,d get the S10 there deadly acurate and fully regulated 100--200 shots per fill and sexy as hell to top it all of,,,oh and the stock really is the nicest around and fits an feels beautiful..

good luck...... i always say you dont need luck if you practice and own a super ten

Mate get yourself along to a club, you'll get loads of opinions and if you ask nicely people will normally let you have a go on their guns. That way you can make an informed choice and buy the right gun for you.

Each to their own, but personally I think Rapids are ugly and I've never been convinced by Daystate's engineering.

• 1 month later...