So Many Camo Hide Netting But What Pattern

MrToad

Looking for advice on what pattern of camo netting to get for pigeon shooting, im looking for a good alround colour, does anyone have any good recommendations?

Im particulary interested in the realtree patterns such as Max 4, Advantage Timber, Hardwoods, Mossy Oak and so on.

Which ones have people used and recommend?

Also what size is best? the bigger the better?

Cheers Guys :rolleyes:

Mr Toad

Edited by MrToad

Looking for advice on what pattern of camo netting to get for pigeon shooting, im looking for a good alround colour, does anyone have any good recommendations?

Im particulary interested in the realtree patterns such as Max 4, Advantage Timber, Hardwoods, Mossy Oak and so on.

Which ones have people used and recommend?

Cheers Guys :rolleyes:

Mr Toad

Hi MR T,

I have tried most and the best has always been imo the lightweight army surplus, its net based so that seasonal vegetation can easily be added, it passes wind, excuse me :blush: and is rotproof, the worst I have tried was the printed sheet with cut outs, it fades in the sun over time and turns pale, it billows about in a breeze and becomes brittle after a few years, buy it at your peril :blush:

:blush: D2D

Army surpless for me too . I have tried the realtree stuff , and its ok as long as there no sun. Once the sun gets behind you your shaddow is cast onto the hide and that shows from the field side. Realtree stuff is not easy to fix natural vegetation to. A mate uses stealth nets , they are ok , but they can be a problem rippling in the wind. Have a look at several army surpless stores as the nets vary in colour a bit and some are a bit dark ( I have had one our in the garden for the past fgew months weathering. ) The desert patten is great for stubbles.

Edited by anser2

Thanks lads :)

As i can see experience counts for alot, and thats something i dont have too much of at the moment!

Iv been trolling through the web and found u get woodland camo netting for 20p per sq foot in any dimension, as they cut it to order. So i think ill go for that.

Cheers

Mr T

Hmmmmm :good:

I cant decide whether or not to get woodland or desert army camo netting, which one is better overall? Primarly for stubble parks and edges the of woods and just general back-drops.

Any advice would be great :welcomeani:

Cheers

Mr T

Given the choice between desert and woodland camo it would have to be the woodland. You can use it along the hedge on a stubble as well as a lot other green backgrounds \wood type situations throught the year. The desert camo is strictly for the stubble and maybe dead grass mainly close to and in harvest time. So its use is limited.