not much work about

dazboy12

I'm a landscaper and have really struggled the last three months or so. Nobody seemed to want anything done! Just recently things seem to be picking up a little, so hopefully it will go back to normal. As it's been said above we may need to drop our prices a little, but I'm sticking with the usual charges for now.

Hope you find something soon. :good:

dazboy what area of beds are you in?

I have a project thats coming along and will need a roofer for a fair bit of work, realistically its 2 months away I would guess depending what elements of roofing you do. If you're interested I'd be interested in a quote as soon as I get finalised a bit more

Im used to work as a quantity surveyor in anglesey, north wales, every year work seems to go quiet this time of year, i think its a knock on affect of companies trying to spend there budgets before the end of the tax year, then once the new tax year starts there a bit slow spending again as they dont want to blow it all striaght away.

Just my opinion anyway.

With regard to the so call "resession" i dont think this will happen again, the government cant afford to let it happen, new confirmed this a few days ago when major banks agreed to lend £50bn to smaller lenders to aid buyers.

A resession in my opinion is based on a fear caused by idiots who think they know everything, its like a national strike if that makes things clearer, as soon as people get it out of there heads thinking that it is going to happen, and start spending again, everything will go back to normal, its a fine ballance. :good:

I'm in computers (software) and I have been busy for the past four years! But... I remember when I was contracting and the market slowed down. Not pleasant.

Whether or not the government can afford to let a recession is moot. If it is going to happen, it will happen. £50 billion might give banks a bit of leeway, but they are working for their shareholders and not the government.

dazboy what area of beds are you in?

I have a project that's coming along and will need a roofer for a fair bit of work, realistically its 2 months away I would guess depending what elements of roofing you do. If you're interested I'd be interested in a quote as soon as I get finalised a bit more

i live near hitchin don't mind driving. the company is called dean roofing me and my dad work together we have a web site www.deanroofing.co.uk. have a look we do most roofing.

you're only just down the road, thats cool when i know what time frame I'm looking at I'll give you a buzz and you can see if you'd be interested

thanks that wood be good :good: we are based in arlesey if that helps

Edited by dazboy12