I've decided to only buy Eley shells from now on

I've been having a search through the just cartridges site this morning and was really surprised to see that only Eley offer a fibre .410 shell. They also offer fibre in 28 bore for all the loadings (16,21 and 24g) and a really good selection of 20s and 12s. I find that really shocking today. Considering that shops are getting nagged to discourage plastic bags (I take my own hessian ones by the way) and we're getting drowned in the stuff because it wont rot, why is this? I really do feel that throwing plastic wads around, especially at game and farm shoots, is really wrong. If fibre can perform as well, why dont people use them? To have them offered would be a good start :blush:

Someone has developed a bio degradable wad/shot cup made from veggie starch so it shouldn't be long before the cartridge manufacturers start using them...or am I just being naive...probably but who knows if I live long enough it could happen!

Eley do photo-degrading ones but they a bloody expensive.

Yep Eley are the only manufacture I know that do a fibre .410 load.

It does seem that the foreign manufacturers produce far more plastic wadded loads. One gun shop round here imports French cartridges that have a paper case but a plastic wad. :good: Madness.

I believe Eley use PDP wads in their 36g V.I.P Game 12 bore load and their 20 bore V.I.P 28g load is fibre however the 20 bore 30g and 32g load are plastics. :good:

FM :good: