Just a lil tip.

Lloyd90

Most of you might know this but my dads friend showed me this a few months back and I never thought of it before that.

He added a few drops of oil (not sure what kind) to my tin of pellets. This increases the seal around the pellet in the barrel and gives a nice increase in power ( not sure how much but you get a nice trail or smoke or air or whatever ) . It seems like a nice little addition plus may be cleaning the barrel at the same time haha. Be warned your fingers will get messy whilst loading.!

used to do it years ago with easy start? HOWEVER not to be recomended today as our present nanny state says that if you can put a pellet over 12lbs (and thats ONE pellet) you are more than a naughty boy plus of course the pellet went where IT wanted, now the present "fit for purpose" pellet lubes? dont know, sales pitch or effective no idea never found a need?

cheers KW

Not a recommended practice although it does seem to work. A mate of mine uses WD40 on his pellets for his pistol but the pistol is really low powered compared to the modern day ones. I wouldn't recommend it and don't agree with doing it personally but hey we're all adults.

Edited by peacey

As already mentioned, the effect of using a combustible oil on your pellet is called Dieseling. This is when the oil actually ignites under the immense compression of air behind the pellet. Whilst it may seem like a good idea, the unforeseen effects are not. Most importantly, it could actually take you over the legal limit of 12ft/lbs. It can also erode your breech seals as they are not designed to withstand such ignitions.

Pellet lube can be used to clean your pellets and help lubricate them with a non-combustible coating. However, many people have mentioned that the process of washing the pellets can actually damage the skirts.

All in all, I wouldn't bother with any additives, its just not worth it.